Devron and gas problems

rduck8
on 1/12/10 8:52 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
This is so crazy every since my surgery I have had the worse gas, and it does smell at times. Some times its just gas without the smells then when it does smell it is so bad. So I ordered Devron any one else with this problem. I spoke to my nut and she does not know what causes such horrible gas. I need help big time.
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/10 9:20 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I think since surgery most of us suffer from gas but I know if I eat carbs I can get it really bad so I am careful on which carbs I eat....... also you can start to isolate which foods make you worse than others by trial and error - I have never had it bad enough to need to use anything.......

Jackie
Ms Court
on 1/12/10 9:26 pm - Remington, VA
Definitley had some gas issues in the beginning, not so much now.  I do know which foods trigger me more now (eggs, high fiber foods like salad, broccoli, popcorn) & it is kind of a do I want to deal with it or not.  I use Beano when it is bad. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 1/13/10 1:03 am - Richmond, VA
What causes gas for me is foods that I should not eat (high carbs or sugars) and like Courtney said broccoli, eggs and other very high fiber foods.  I use Devron and it works wonders.  I got free samples years ago and I know some other "ole timers" use it daily as well.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

rduck8
on 1/13/10 8:08 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
Thanks everyone for all of your advice, well I have found a few foods that trigger things so I will have to lean clear of them.
CANDO
on 1/15/10 11:17 am - DeWitt, VA
I've had the most noxious gas the world has ever experienced--just ask my poor family!  My surgeon's office advised simethecone (gas-X is one but the Walmart generic is the same strenght), dairyease (milk products, even yoghurt was a culprit) and a new fan have been very helpful.. Best of everything to you!
CANDO
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 11:33 am - Yorktown, VA
I think I recall reading somewhere that Devrom can interefere with the absorption of your vitamins.  Has anyone else heard this?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views