Surgery Date

Ms Court
on 1/10/10 10:22 pm - Remington, VA
Sounds like you are well on the road for this one.  I too was terrified when I went in & almost chickened out.  I had never had any type of surgery.  The endoscopy is really simple.  They do put you out lightly, not pain, I was wide awake after, my mom laughed as I was a chatter bug big time.  As for coming out after surgery, I seemed to really sleep the whole day, only waking up for breif periods of time until about 9 that night, then I was up and walking the floors. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

dlo2
on 1/10/10 10:48 pm - Brandenburg, KY

I have (had sleep apnea) at the time of my surgery.  They had me bring my cpap machine to the hospital with me but I never needed to use it when I was in the hospital.  I am actually having a sleep study done tonight to see if my sleep apnea is gone,  I didn't have any trouble during surgery regarding the sleep apnea.  My sleep apnea was considered severe at the time.   As far as the endoscopy it was over before I knew it.  I was also very nervous but I never knew they did anything to me .  When I woke up I was surprised it was already over. My throat was sore for a little while, but even that wasn't very bad. 

WLS is major surgery and it is normal to be scared.  My fear was that the surgery would create more problems than the health problems that being over weight was causing me.  I kept asking myself what the heck am I doing to myself.  And I kept worring about all the what-ifs.  I am now a little more than four months post op and I am so glad I had the surgery.  My blood pressure is normal,  my sleep apnea is either almost gone or gone.  There is 53 less pounds of pressure on my knees.  I just feel so much better.    It has not all been easy, there were days in the beginning that I still wondered what the heck did I do to my self.  But in the end I would do it all over again. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views