Friday back on track check in

Ms Court
on 1/7/10 9:36 pm - Remington, VA

Morning!  How are you today?  Doing well here.  Got a bunch done at work yesterday and a bunch on my plate for today so hopefully the day will go by quickly.  the hubby, oldest & I ended up doing Wii sports for a little over an hour last night.  Such competition.  It was fun.  We celebrated a bit as the oldest got her learners yesterday, now it is time to teach her how to drive.  Tonight should be a dinner date with my hubby.  Looking at some shopping with my mom in the morning and then getting my nephews for a sleepover in the evening tomorrow.  Sunday will be fun time with the kiddies, one of my sisters & her little one is going to come over also.  Should be a fun weekend.

cuppas & protein are in

B - yogurt & mini bagel

S - celery with a bit of catalina dressing

L - taco salad

S - apple

D - not sure

Have a great day & weekend!!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

wjoegreen
on 1/8/10 12:19 am, edited 1/8/10 12:19 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Sounds like an action-adventure video about to happen. 
Menu sounds alot like yesterdays.

I have returned to my oatmeal concoction for breakfast today and it worked its usual magic; quality and content,..and removal of those tuff to remove clogs :O)!!!

It is:
1 cup water or apple juice (todays brew was apple juice)
1 cup egg whites
 2 cups oatmeal (1 minute variety)
 1 (23 gm) scoop Whey Protein powder
 1 small banana diced

I can get down abut half for breakfast and the other half for lunch.

So, today, so far:
Brkfst:  8-8:45 a.m.
   1 cup oatmeal (casserole??)
Mrng Snk: 9:15 - 11 a.m.
   1 protein bar (Balance triple choco choas)
   1 bottle water
   2 Quaker Strawberry Crispy Oat bars
   1 bottle water
Lunch:  11:45-12:30
   1 cup (rest of) oatmeal stuff
planned aftn snack:  2 protein bars & 1 water
planned dinner: shrimp w/****tail sauce
planned evng snack: 2 protein bars & bottle water

I also bought some sweats with a hoodie to promote and motivate myself to get out and walk/jog more frequently inbetween my days of reffing basketball games.
I entertained the masses at a game Wednesday night; while running backward on a fastbreak to the opposite basket, while trying to watch the ball handler and stay out of the way, I changed directions gong backwards and did a backrol twisty somersalt kinds manuver that was a crowd pleaser, as I completed my crash-flip-roll, got to my feet and kept officiating.  My back let me know if wasn't happy later in the evening as I became less mobile.  I am fine but it was exciting...

Its Friday guys,  we're almost there!!!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Ms Court
on 1/8/10 2:01 am - Remington, VA
Well yes my menu is pretty much a repeat.  Breakfast is always repetitive for me, sucks cause I do get bored of it & there just isn't that many options for me that I can fix at work.  Lunch I ended up going out to subway instead of my taco salad, thus the salad today.  But today I had catalina instead of peanut butter with my celery and an apple instead of popcorn, which actually I never got to yesterday afternoon  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 1/8/10 8:08 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Wow, Joe, sounds like quite a show!  Are you on YouTube yet?  ;)  Glad you're okay and doing well.  Your oatmeal "casserole" sounds great.....may have to give it a try.  I have a recipe from a restaurant in Lancaster County that I have been craving, but I need to figure out substitutions....yours sounds great.  Have a great weekend!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

wjoegreen
on 1/8/10 10:44 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Just for the record,...to make my oatmeal creation that began as simple1-min oatmeal with protein powder,...then I picked up adding clover honey,..then I replaced the honey with apple juice and cut back on the water,....and,...well,.....I make it the following way and it cooks about as fast as I can put it all together and put it in the gladware container to take with me:

water or juice in the pot.
turn on the stove eye.
add the egg whites ( I buy the whites in the qt container at Walmart)
peel the banana except for one side and dice in my hand, peel side down) so it falls into the pot as I cut it.
scoop the oatmeal into the gladware container ( and out the container back)
add the oatmeal and stir
remove from heat and add the protein powder and stir
add water or skim milk to desires consistency.
scrape into gladware and cover.
(Note it will thicken as it cools)
The whole thing takes 5-8 mins to prep and pack

tweak recipe as desired; i certainly did.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
vagirl00
on 1/9/10 12:25 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Going to give it a try tomorrow morning...thanks, Joe!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Lynn415
on 1/8/10 5:55 am - Chantilly, VA
I've never been much of a breakfast person.
I have to be at work at 7 am and would rather sleep until the very last minute.
I make a coffee concoction consisting of:
1/2 c. skim milk
1 scoop Click protein powder
1scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp s/f choc syrup.
Stir the heck out of it and put it in a travel mug.
When I get to work, I add a cup of hot half-caf coffee and then I sip on that all morning.
Filling... a little caffeine to get me going... some calories for energy... and 23 g. protein.
Lunch is usually a small carton of 2% cottage cheese with pineapple, although today I
ate 1/2 ham/cheese on rye left over from lunch at Panera yesterday.
Snack was a s/f swiss miss with a scoop of chocolate protein powder in it.
Dinner tonight will probably be turkey slices with a veggie of some kind.
PM snack will be a Nectar protein shake and 1/2 an apple.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
vagirl00
on 1/8/10 8:10 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Today has been a busy one, but managed to fit in some exercise and decent food...progress every day!  :)

Exercise:    Powerwalked 2 miles on the treadmill

Food:

B:  Atkins Protein Bar
L:  Salad w/a little diced chicken
S:  Banana
D:  Probably Greek yogurt
S:  Protein Hot Chocolate

I hope everyone has a great evening!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views