Wanted to say hello

Marsha_H
on 1/7/10 11:25 am - Henrico, VA
I am new to the boards and just wanted to say Hello.  Iam just beginning my journey with WLS.  I have my first surgical consult on Monday.  Getting that nervous and anxious feeling all at once.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.

vagirl00
on 1/7/10 1:11 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Welcome Marsha!  Looking forward to hearing how things are going for you through your journey!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 1/7/10 9:31 pm - Remington, VA
Hi & welcome to the board.  Congrats on the decision for a healthy new you.  Do as much research as you can, keep a notebook with questions you want to ask your surgeon, and let us know if you need anything.  Wishing you the best on your journey!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tina22026
on 1/8/10 2:00 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
 Welcome Marsha - best of luck as you begin your journey!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

caroline2622
on 1/8/10 3:52 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Welcome to the VA Forum.     Good luck and keep in touch with us.   We are here if you have questions.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Lynn415
on 1/8/10 5:58 am - Chantilly, VA
Good for you!  I started reading this and the RNY forums about a month before my surgery and have gained a wealth of knowledge!  Keep checking back and let us know how you're doing.  Good luck!
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Marsha_H
on 1/8/10 10:03 am - Henrico, VA
I am pretty excited.  I am a self pay so I don't have the usual hoops to jump through.  I just scheduled my psych eval I could be sfor next week as well.  I almost passed out when they told me I could have it done by the end o the month.  My mother suggested I wait until spring break ( I teach) but my feeling is why wait.  In 4 months I could be down a considerable amount of work.
DD1963
on 1/9/10 4:11 am
Hi, Marcia!!  Welcome!  This site is  HUGE help and the people here are great at answering questions!!  I too am starting my journey!  Had my consultation yesteray  and had a surgery date by the end of the day!!  I had the same reaction as you, as my date is February 10th - but I have been scheduled a couple of times before and had to much time to think myself right out of it .  So I am terrified - but I am glad my date is soon. 

What surgeon are you using?
Marsha B.
on 1/10/10 3:05 pm - VA
Congrats!!  I was also self pay and it did make it much easier.  What surgery are you having?  I had lap band, so far I've lost 70 pounds but have it a slowdown.  My fault!!
I see you spell you name correctly!! LOL
Take care and good luck!!

Marsha

Marsha_H
on 1/15/10 7:12 am - Henrico, VA
I am getting the lap band as well... or the Realize.  My Surgeon does both.  I am very excited.  Had my consult Monday, Psych eval Tuesday, and my Nutrition class this Tuesday.  I have asked the WS coordinator to pencil me for February 10th, and she was agreeable.  Have to technically wait until I have attended the class to be assigned a surgical date.  And of course I spelled our name correctly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views