bluepoint surgical

GAFROMVA
on 1/6/10 9:47 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the fourms, just wondering if there is anyone else going through or went through wls with Bluepoint Surgical out of Woodbridge, Va or Vienna, Va.
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
vagirl00
on 1/6/10 10:11 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Welcome!

I had my Lap RNY with Bluepoint in Sept of '07.  There are quite a few people on this Board who have also used them.  Great practice, wonderful surgeons.  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Melissa N.
on 1/6/10 10:18 am - Stafford, VA
Welcome to the board!!!  I had surgery with BP back in 6/2008 at Potomac Hospital.  Dr. Halmi and his group are fabulous surgeons!! 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

ChubbyCyclist
on 1/7/10 5:19 am - Springfield, VA
Lap Band on 04/28/10 with
This was the first time in this forum and the first post I see is about Dr. Halmi and his group.  So happy to hear people are happy with them as that is who I have joined up with!  Just starting the journey here. 
dlo2
on 1/6/10 10:38 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Dr. Tran did my surgery in sept. 09.  The surgery went well and I have had no complications.  Blue Point is a Center of Excellance

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/10 12:26 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I had my surgery almost 4 years ago with Dr Halmi and it was the best thing I could have done for myself - they are an excellent group of doctors and surgeons and  I can't recommend them highly enough!!

Jackie
prissy25
on 1/7/10 3:06 am - Barboursville, VA
Hi know nothing about the surgicalgroup but looks as if you are getting great news. I waned to welcome you to the board and to a journey well worth it. We are here to help in any way we can. Congrats!
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

caroline2622
on 1/7/10 5:34 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hello    I am with Dr Moazzez at the Fair Oaks Bluepoint.     Highly recormmend the Fair Oaks Hospital program.    1st class care all the way.   I just had my plastic surgery on 12/7 and same quality care.   

I have to be honest I had a bad experience at Potomac Hospital with the anestisist and the Chief Anestisist.     I was injured during an intebation.  Doctor advised us of the problem yet the medical records failed to show the problem ... .Doc and I made official complaint with the Chief Anestisist and received no results.   

Fair Oak has highly qualified bariatric trained anestisists.  This is sooo inportant as we are overweight the anestisist is just as inportant if not more important as they help us breath during intebation.  

Dr Halmi has an excellant reputation.  Get the best all round and consider your care at Fair Oaks Hospital ...

Best of luck and keep in touch.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Brenda E.
on 1/7/10 9:24 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

Welcome to the boards!  It was a pleasure to meet you last night at the support group meeting.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey!  Dr Halmi is an excellent surgeon, I would recommend him to anyone thinking of having the surgery. 

Brenda

Lynn415
on 1/8/10 5:39 am - Chantilly, VA
Dr. Tran did my surgery at Fair Oaks Hospital.  I actually did have a complication that was because of issues from a previous unrelated surgery so ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks instead of 2 days.  I was pretty sick for the first week or so but received excellent care.  Over the course of the two weeks, I saw Dr. Tran, Dr. Halmi and Dr. Mo multiple times and they were great.  The nursing staff was attentive and skilled.  Even the staff in Radiology that had to come in on a sunday to put in a drain were wonderful... the nurse was a WLS person who shared her experience with me.  I always felt like I was in good hands.  BTW, once I got past that initial complication, it's been smooth sailing.  Had my 9 month checkup yesterday... blood work perfect!  Diabetes resolved.  High BP resolved.  Down 125 lb. ... 10 lb to goal.  Couldn't ask for a better result!
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views