A WOW MOMENT

MerMer
on 12/8/09 3:21 am
Hello Everyone,

I pray that everyone is doing great.

If you all remember, I have always had problems with eating solid foods, since my surgery.

Well lunch today was great. Usually I just eat soup or some plain tuna with a few crackers. My doctor kept encouraging me to just keep trying new things and trying to eat any solids I could. I continued to do so even when I felt sick and the food hurt while traveling through my system.

Today I was about to heat up my soup and than I thought I want something wlse I'm so tired of this bland eating. So I hiked my behind over to subway. I got a 6 inch subway melt on wheat, with turkey, ham, provolone, little lettuce, red onion, red peppers, mayo and olives, chocolate chip cookies (which I didn't eat) and some tea. Well I sat down to eat and I ate half the sub. OMG, half the sub with only half the bread. OMG, I didn't feel ill, but I sure as heck felt full. I still have a problem with bread, but I figure that's a good thing, I don't want to get too use to eating it again anyway. It didn't hurt and I didn'r feel sick afterwards. I still can't believe it.

Today was a good day!!!

Toobcherished
on 12/8/09 8:57 am - Henrico, VA
I think this is great that you atleast keep trying things until you find something you can tolerate.  I guess you just added one more thing to the list!  I have struggled to eat over 400 calories a day but I just keep reminding myself every day to keep trying!!!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

caroline2622
on 12/8/09 9:30 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Great that you are trying new things.   Be carefull with the bread and crackers ...   they could be your issues.   The are high in carbs.   

Suggest adding stock to moisten your meat.....   Your diet needs to be high in protien.    Try mixing well cooked veggies too.  

Keep working with your Nutrionist ... Important to get in a balanced meal (s).  

Take it slow and chew.  

Take care and keep trying new things in small amounts 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Ms Court
on 12/8/09 10:24 pm - Remington, VA
So glad to hear that you were able to get something new in.

Something to try in order to not tempt yourself to overeat, you can get the childrens size subs at subway (3 inches), then you wouldn't be tempted to finish or waste anything.  A wrap or salad it also a good choice.

Just keep on trying things as you can and changing it up.  Low fat lunch meat, wrapped with cheese & lettuce is a nice lunch, egg salad, and such.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views