An Introduction

LaRuse
on 12/7/09 5:41 am - Richmond, VA
Hi everyone.

My name is Kim and I am scheduled for RnY on 1/14/10 with Dr. Bautista at St. Marys (Richmond).

I am grateful to have a place to turn to for support and guidance. 

I have one question to get this started.  As a pre-planner, I would like to have my kitchen stocked for my immediate post-op needs.  Any suggestions on things I should be buying now to have available for the first 2 weeks or so after the surgery? 

Thank you and I look forward to getting to know you.
melanie M.
on 12/7/09 7:30 am - Hopewell, VA
Congrats!!

Dont go overboard with the stocking up!! Your nutritionist should have a list of items for you
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 9:47 am
Oh, I like Dr. Bautista!  I would agree with the previous post.  Don't overstock.  If they do the carnation instant breakfast no sugar added, but a couple of boxes of that and the box of powdered milk to go with it.  (again, check with their requirements).  I did but som gas-x strips, those have been great.  And then whatever vitamins they want you to take.  They should tell you in preop class.  Watch out for that preop diet - it's a kicker!  But you can do it - not too much longer to go!
Ken Currin
on 12/7/09 9:45 pm - South Hill, VA
I wouldn't stock up on anything. I am pretty sure I didn't eat anything for the first week to week and a half, then on my office visit they added more and different food and I never got hungary or wanted anything anyway so food was not an issue. Drinking the protein shakes was pretty much all I got in as I remember it.
Ms Court
on 12/7/09 10:24 pm - Remington, VA
Congrats & Welcome!  Definitely don't stock up too much.  See what your dr./nutritionist requires and go from there.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CKatGo
on 12/8/09 7:28 pm - VA
I just had my RNY on 11/23 and agree that you shouldn't purchase too much stuff. I ended up taking some protein powders back that were ok tasting before surgery but I couldn't even swallow after surgery. Maybe you could purchase one bottle of sugar free syrup from WalMart, maybe a pack of protein drinks and some broth for when you get tired of drinking the sweet drinks. I am still trying to find a good unflavored protein powder to add to food and drinks.
Good luck with your surgery.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
caroline2622
on 12/10/09 8:10 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I use Unjury unflavored whey protien.   I mix it with milk for hot and cold cereals.    Do not cook with if but just add.   Can only order online.   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 2:17 am - Yorktown, VA
I ordered lots of protein samples from vitalady (she has more than you could ever imagine for about $2 a sample).  Then when I got home I had plenty of protien, but I hadn't committed to a big tub of anything.  From the samples, I know what I like and can now order that and not have to worry about wanting to return something or wasting a big tub.  I also ordered all of my vitamins ahead of time.

As for foods, I had some soups and sugar free popsicles on hand, but that was basically it.

Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views