Back on Track - Monday post

Ms Court
on 12/6/09 9:16 pm - Remington, VA
Morning all!  How was your weekend?  So sorry for ditching out on Friday but I was home with a bad cold.  Started feeling it middle of last week and it really hit on Thursday.  I actually had gotten up and made it all the way to work on Friday when I changed my mind & headed back home.  In the bed for the day I went.  I tried to keep things low key all weekend so that I could get well but it was difficult as we had the girlies & it was sleepovers for the youngest bday, a houseful of neighborhood kids on Saturday with the snow, party & more sleepover on Saturday.  Yesterday it was clean up then off to get our Christmas tree.  Still feeling a bit down today, the cold moved into my chest, but I am at work & going to try & make it through.  Put dinner in the crock pot this a.m. so tonight will be low key at home.  Hope you have a great one!

a.m. protein & cuppas in
B - yogurt & english muffin
S - cheese crackers
L - chicken salad sandwich & chips
S - apple with peanut butter
D - pot roast with potatoes & veggies.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 12/6/09 10:09 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am. Our weekend was jam packed. Had a house full & there were some great moments & some that left things to be desired. Overall it was enjoyable. No snow here. Loved looking at the pics of fam & friends in other areas of VA. This week is jam packed & so today appears to be the only lower key day. Anyhow, hope ya'll have a good Monday.

Nutrition
Cuppas & vits down
B - chocolate chip pancake w/ wild blueberry preserves
S - yogurt
D - undecided
S - ?
S - undecided

All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 10:35 am
Do you know how encouraging it is to read these posts!  To know that I will eat normal food, and good food at that, and be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle - it is very encouraging.  Give's me lots to look forward to :) 
Ms Court
on 12/7/09 10:16 pm - Remington, VA
You will be normal again.  Remember though that we each make our own choices and have our own needs.  I tend to eat more carbs but that is on the advice of my nutritionist because it works better wtih my low blood sugar issues. 

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ken Currin
on 12/7/09 11:05 am - South Hill, VA
I know I have asked this question so many times, but breakfast seems to be the hardest meal for me. I want to eat right and never seem to find anything to eat for breakfast. So I either don't eat or normally just don't eat!

What can I eat that is better than yogart or cottege cheese. Chocolate Chip Pancakes sounds right up my alley, but how does that stack up to the low fat no sugar diet?
Penny Denny
on 12/7/09 8:02 pm - Collinsville, VA
I have chocolate chip waffles in the freezer for the kids. 2 waffles have 210 calories, 9g fat, and 6 grams, 4 g protein. Hmmm, you be the judge. We use sugar free syrup for the kids.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 12/7/09 10:11 pm - Remington, VA
There are ways to make things work.  Using whole grains or wheat mixes to make pancakes gives you the healthier choice.  You can add unflavored protein to things including yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc.  Eggs are a great choice too.  Scrambled, egg salad, omlette, etc.  Protein smoothies, etc.  And as always, you don't have to limit yourself to breakfast foods, eat what works for you.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views