Hi! Hello! An introduction post!

octobersky
on 12/4/09 1:21 pm
Hi everyone! I am new to OH and wanted to see if there were many people from my area on here and there certainly are :)

I had surgery on 11/16/09 with Dr. Brengman at St. Mary's and it went GREAT!!!!!!

I have not been losing weight quickly and am not sure why (going to bring it up when I see the Dr next) since I am following the exact instructions that have been given to me. But I am losing some  weight and that makes me happy. I am at 11 pounds lost since 11/16. I did lose a lot of weight before surgery.

I hope to get to know everyone.

So HELLO!

-Nichole
CKatGo
on 12/4/09 7:27 pm - VA
Hi Nichole,
Was your surgery at St Mary's in Richmond?  I know one other lady who had her surgery there. Welcome to the site and congrats on your surgery and weight loss. I had mine at VCU on 11/23 and am doing well but definitely recuperating from surgery.
Katherine
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
caroline2622
on 12/4/09 7:38 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Nicole    Welcome to the VA forum.   Congratulations on your surgery.

Discuss your concerns with your nutriyionist too.    Keep in touch and best of luc.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 11:22 pm
Hey - I am the other lady that had the surgery at St. Mary's!  Great hospital - I am biased, I used to work there.  I just had RNY on 11/23, so still pretty fresh post op.  Glad to have you here!
Pat F.
on 12/4/09 11:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Welcome aboard and yes there are others here on the board that has been to St Mary's and it is a great hospital. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and so many people will answer you to the best of their knowledge.

Toobcherished
on 12/5/09 8:48 am - Henrico, VA
I had my surgery the week before you.  So far doing great.  Dr. Brengman is a great doctor.  Melanie..(CBpassion) has Dr. Brengman as well and she loves him.  I had my surgery at St. Mary's as well with the other Dr. in the same practice Dr. Shroeder.

11pounds in 3 weeks girl is not bad at all it seems you have lost alot of weight preop. Awesome!!

Welcome tot he board girl!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 12/5/09 2:29 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hi Nichole!

Welcome to our board and congratulations on your surgery and for now being an official loser! Finally feels good to be called that, huh!?!? I didn't go through your practice, but did have my surgery at St Mary's. Although I do believe that I have heard rumors that your surgeon's practice & my surgeon's practice, (Commonwealth Surgeon's) are maybe joining forces. St Mary's was a great hospital and even though I have only been to a "few" of the support groups, they are definitely beneficial.

Congrats on the 11 lbs you have lost so far. Don't worry, the losing is NOT over!!! It will come off and we will be here for you to help you and encourage you!

Feel free to add me to your friend list and if I can help you at all, I will do my best. Again, welcome!!

Hugs!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

octobersky
on 12/6/09 3:11 am
Thanks to everyone for replying :) I am trying to take the weight loss one day at a time but it's not always so easy!

I am just finding that food isnt even appealing to me so I am having to force myself to eat.. This is certainly a change!!!
melanie M.
on 12/6/09 11:58 am - Hopewell, VA
Congrats on the weightloss thus far!!!!  Dr. Brengman is my surgeon as well.. He didnt do my original surgery but he did my bowel obstruction in August and will be doing my revision on the 17th... You are doing wonderful  everyone loses at different rates!!! 
Ms Court
on 12/6/09 9:09 pm - Remington, VA

Welcome to the board!  congrats on your surgery & looking forward to hearing about your journey!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views