I kne it was coming---but

dlo2
on 12/4/09 12:21 am - Brandenburg, KY
I knew it was coming but really hoped it would pass me by.  I am talking about hair loss.  I know they say it is from the surgery, but once before when I lost forty lbs in three months I also experienced hair loss.  But my answer to the hair loss last time was to stop dieting.  The hair loss stopped and I gained all the weight back.  This time going off the diet is not exactly going to work,  Someone please tell me I am not going to go bald.  By the look at the hair in my shower this morning I am convienced that bald I will be in a very short time.    Today has not been the best of days.  I am having pain in my pouch that I am concerned about and then I get in the shower and have what looks like half my hair in my hands.  Thanks for listening I feel better already.
Debbie

melanie M.
on 12/4/09 3:55 am - Hopewell, VA
You will NOT go bald!!!  It does stop at some point.. i cried for months everytime I washed my hair or even brushed it with all the hair loss.   Stay positive!! Also if you having pouch issues  call your surgeon like right NOW!!
caroline2622
on 12/4/09 4:58 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
try taking Biotin.... I did not have too many issues and just used Nioxin shampoo   But then again I have alot of hair

Take care and do not stress over this.    It will slow down

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 11:07 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with

Debbie I promise you will not go bald even though you think it will happen  - it doesn't - your hair's health is decided about 3 months before it actually starts to fall out  so you need to make sure you are eating your protein, taking all your vits and you can add a biotin supplement in there too - and you could use a nourishing shampoo..... which might help your hair look better....

Jackie

Ken Currin
on 12/7/09 11:35 am - South Hill, VA
I started off almost bald :)

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 2:25 am - Yorktown, VA
I agree with the biotin suggestion (and also making sure you're getting enough protein and taking your supplements).  It'll grow back....just hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views