Dr. Elariny

aqtnsc
on 12/4/09 11:19 am

I am new to this forum, but I occasionally post on the revision  and DS boards. I will be traveling from Beaufort, SC  to Vienna, VA  next month to attend a bariatric discussion group and consultation for RNY to DS revision with Dr. Elariny. I was given an 8 hr give or take estimate of a drive, but I AM BEYOND EXCITED and know that consulting with Dr. Elariny will be worth every mile I take. My daughter (6 yrs old) and significant other will be traveling with me. Are there any sites or attractions in the area that may be of interest?

caroline2622
on 12/4/09 7:42 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
No VA not far from Dulles airport is the new Smithsonian Air and Space museum.   All the big stuff is located there ... Have not been there yet but understand it is outstanding.  

If you are a shopaholic check out Tysons Corner 1 & 2. 

Of course you are only a short way away from DC as well.

Best of luck

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
aqtnsc
on 12/4/09 8:16 pm
Thank you so much!
crothers2003
on 12/8/09 10:14 pm - Scottsville, VA
IS THIS COVERED WITH YOU INSURANCE SINCE HE BILLS 3RD PARTY FOR THE DS?
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 2:23 am - Yorktown, VA

I hear he is an excellent surgeon.  You do need to make sure you have a detailed discussion with him and his financial staff about your insurance plan.  He is out of network for every plan for the DS.  It's the way he bills.  Make sure you understand all of this and what it will mean for you out of pocket before you get started.  Hopefully it works out for you, but if not hit the DS boards again for some further revision surgeon suggestions.

Best of luck!

aqtnsc
on 12/19/09 10:42 am
I have Medicare and Medicaid. His office does accept Medicare, but not Medicaid. Medicare will cover 80% and I am responsible for the remaining 20%.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views