Why am I scared to go below XL?

Melissa N.
on 11/30/09 3:21 am - Stafford, VA
I am prolly a L but I am so scared to go below XL.  But the problem with it is, especially in pants, they fall off me.  Why am I so scared to venture below an XL?  Anyone else experienc this?

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

lysb
on 11/30/09 3:44 am - Alexandria, VA
YES!!  I just bought some lands end turtlenecks in XL, they are too big in the shoulders, and i really could wear a L, but, with all the extra tummy skin i got going on, i thought wearing a snug shirt would look a little odd....besides, roomy clothes are a security blanket (for me anyway), noone will "notice" me lol.  love ya melissa!  lys

Kitty Kat
on 11/30/09 5:27 am - Richmond, VA
Yes, Melissa & I tend to agree with Lys. Its not a fear for me. Its a comfort thing. I'm not a fan of tight/clingy type clothing. Personally, its not flattering for me or something I feel "good" in. Perhpas try things on at home & see how you feel in them. Its not about others & how they view you its about how YOU feel in things & look to yourself. :) Hugs!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Penny Denny
on 11/30/09 10:02 am - Collinsville, VA
Sometimes, I look at a medium shirt or a size 10 pants, and think they look so tiny. I'll think there is no way I'm getting in that. But then it will fit.

It is definitely a visual thing for me. But I think I look better in clothes that "fit" than the baggy ones.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Melissa N.
on 11/30/09 10:48 pm - Stafford, VA
Lys/Kat,

Oh I wi**** was the fact of comfort.  I understand where you are coming from with the comfort thing though.  I personally don't mind things that fit tighter.  LOL, my jeans MUST fit.  I can not stand saggy jeans especially in the back.  See since WLS, I have been blessed with the cas of the missing butt and I can not stand it when my jeans sag back there. LOL  I guess for me it the XL in pants other then jeans I can not get over.  I bought two Seven joggin pants outfits, totally cute but I got the pants in XL....it is not fun walking around when they fall off. LOL I guess i need to be more prudent and try things on before I buy them.

415/375/180/175

Loris
on 12/1/09 1:25 pm - Midlothian, VA
Pretty please take the new outfits back.  Jogging suits are often too loose even when they fit.  You can wear a size large.  You really do.  Maybe you are afraid you will gain the weight back?  Maybe you feel like a fraud shopping  for smaller clothes.  You are not a fraud.  It is the real deal. 

I have to try on everything.  I never order anything without checking out the size charts and being prepared to return if needed.  I pay for a lot of alterations.  It is important to our apperance and self exteem to wear well fitting clothes.  Have fun, Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

Melissa N.
on 12/1/09 10:29 pm - Stafford, VA
Doloris,

I think you hit the nail on head about fear from fear and a fraud.  I was about this weight before my car accident.  But, I don't remember being anything under XL.  So to wrap my brain around being smaller then an XL is soo hard for me. 

Thanks!!

415/375/180/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views