Insurance and plastic surgery

janetr65
on 11/29/09 12:37 am - Herndon, VA
Does anyone know if in Virginia you can get your insurance to pay for the plastic surgery - I had Roux-En-Y 5/6/02 - started at 318 and now have maintained 125 for 4 years now.  I have alot of extra skin in the midsection that is now causing problems.
Pat F.
on 11/29/09 7:40 am - Richmond, VA
First off congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off. I would contact your insurance company and see what they require and than find out it they will cover the procedure.

caroline2622
on 11/29/09 8:45 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
We all have issues with hanging skin. 

You must show extensive documentation for medical reasons for your insurance co to pay for it.   That means a long history of issues.  Including photos and doctor documenations.  

I chose to self pay and not take the chance of infections.  

I am having plastics on 12/7 at Fair Oaks Hospital with Dr Kreiger (not to be confused with Bluepoint Dr KriegeL.   Dr Krieger will repair a small hernia which is carried as an out patient and paid by my insurance company.   

All depends on the riders your employee chose for the insurance. 

Good luck

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Kitty Kat
on 11/29/09 10:59 pm - Richmond, VA
I wish you all best with this. Most insurances will not cover plastics as a rule unless absolutely medically necessary.
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views