Happy Thanksgiving everyone! & what I'm thankful for

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/25/09 1:09 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
It is officially Thanksgiving Day, 2009. I want to wish everyone of you a very happy, healthy & safe Thanksgiving. Remember that no matter how bad or tough things seem to be, things could always be worse. Be thankful for the health you have each regained because of your surgery, or the health that you will regain once you have had your surgery. Be thankful for each of your family & friends, knowing that you can always count on them, and never betray that relationship. Be thankful for the time that you have to enjoy today's special moments and all the special moments that you will have in the future.

About 7 months ago, I was told I'd be facing open heart surgery and there was a 70% chance that I wouldn't make it through. I did. I didn't give up and I have made up many grounds. I am thankful that my surgeon literally held my heart in his hands and did his absolute best to repair it. I am thankful that God chose to give me more time on this Earth. To spend with my family & friends and to be the best mother I can be. Having my WLS, losing 202 lbs, having the open heart surgery, all have improved my health and given me more time. I am thankful for every experience that I have gone through because I truly believe that each of them has made me a stronger, wiser person. I am thankful for this boards, as it has been a great tool for support and knowledge. And I am more than thankful for my son, Cameron. He has shown me what unconditional love is all about, and he never lets me forget it.

I hope that everyone here takes a minute to reflect on what it is in your life that you are thankful for and that it makes you smile. Share one or 2 things with us that you are thankful for. Maybe you can brighten up the day for someone else. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Hugs!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Kitty Kat
on 11/25/09 7:56 pm - Richmond, VA
What a lovely post Theresa! :) Every day we wake is another blessed for sure. Happy Thanksgiving to all & we pray that everyone has a wonderful day celebrating what is the best & truest gift & that is the gift of TIME. Its another day to make memories & to reflect on the ones before now.

I am thankful for God first & foremost who blesses our lives daily. I'm thankful for the amazing support system of family & friends that I have in my life today. I'm a believer in Reason, Season, Lifetime. Folks come into my life for a reason whether its for a season or a lifetime. I'm thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow. I'm thankful for my 27 months 1 day of sobriety. Its opened up doors & closed ones at the same time. Working the 12 Steps has enabled me to truly direct my life down a path of success, happiness & joy.

I'm thankful for my buggas; Kayla & Nora. They keep it real, keep it simple & I'm reminded every day that the gifts of love & time are the answers in life. If I'm ever sad, down, frustrated, thinking negatively or what have you they are there to bring me out of it. Even when I'm most happy & joyous they find ways to heighten those feelings & emotions as well.

I'm thankful for having true love in my life & am happy to share it with others who can help me thrive, try harder, live better, love harder & truly add to my life. I'm thankful for learning lessons & making better choices. I'm thankful that I've learned to draw boundaries in my life & I'm incredibly thankful for the ones who have seemingly lost their way because that means my faith is tested & I reach out more & more to God for guidance & support. They also remind me that everyone falters & forgiveness is a gift we can give ourselves. It means forgiving and letting go not allowing those folks back into our daily lives.

Thanksgiving is more about the time I get with family & friends than the food. I truly am grateful that this year I'm here at home with my 2 beautiful buggas, my parents & knowing a few guests will be arriving to share in a very nice meal is wonderful. Its bittersweet in many ways. Wonderful nonetheless.

As I sip my cuppa this am I'm reminded that I'm also VERY thankful for OH & the dynamic which makes up the VA Board & others. I've had the opportunity to come here & learn new & different things & of course lessons in which have made me stronger & wiser.

All best for a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/26/09 10:50 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hi Kat!! Thanks so much for writing and I am glad that you liked my post. In light of recent events with people in my life, I am definitely trying to have a change of heart, thought, attitude and outlook!

Sounds like you have SO MUCH to be thankful for! As a mother, I can so relate to children keeping us grounded and giving us reason and purpose!

Let us all be thankful for the things we continue to learn which will only make us stronger & wiser.

Hope your day was everything you intended it to be!
Theresa Marie

caroline2622
on 11/25/09 8:33 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Teresa   thank you for you positive attitude!   

I am thankful for my health and the blessings of my VSG.  

I am blessed with a wonderful husband and am thankful that his cancer is in remission. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/26/09 10:53 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hi Caroline!

This new positive attitude is something that is a constant work in progress. But because of things that have recently happened with my health and with relationships & situations, I feel that it is something I have to do in order to keep me as sane as I can be, lol!

Sounds like you have so much to be thankful for and the rewarding thing is that you see that, that you are aware of it and do not take those things for granted. And congrats to your hubby for kicking Cancer's tushie!!!

I hope you and your family had a great, happy & healthy Thanksgiving!
Theresa Marie

Pat F.
on 11/26/09 7:05 am - Richmond, VA
Theresa thank you so much for your post between you and Kat what more can a person say. I am so thankful for my Lord and my family for such a beautiful day and the love and fellowship that we have had today. I have my health and am doing better.

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/26/09 10:55 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hi Pat! And you are very welcome.

With all that has happened with my health and some relationships & situations lately, I have realized that I have alot to be thankful for & that I needed to realize it.

I hope you and your family enjoyed this beautiful day that God bestowed on us and that you all had the best Thanksgiving possible. And look forward to much more time together!!!
Theresa Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views