Back Home from the Hospital

CKatGo
on 11/25/09 6:47 am - VA
I just got back home from the hospital. The surgery went very well and I am in very little pain. The doc, nurses and hospital were very nice but I am so happy to be home. Tomorrow I will work on getting some exercise and getting my protein in.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
Kitty Kat
on 11/25/09 6:49 am - Richmond, VA
Glad you are home & doing well. Hope you have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

vagirl00
on 11/25/09 10:22 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Welcome home and congrats on the surgery! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/25/09 12:56 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hey girl!!! I am SOOOO GLAD you are home & doing well. Also glad that you aren't in a lot of pain. Keep sipping, and remember to walk. It will help with any gas. And please try to enjoy your Thanksgiving. Remembering that this year, you have a NEW life to be thankful for!!! I will keep you in my thoughts hun!!

Hugs!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Toobcherished
on 11/25/09 1:52 pm - Henrico, VA
Welcome home time!  I was just where you are two weeks ago and I am doing really good now.  Keep us posted on your progress!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

caroline2622
on 11/25/09 8:34 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Congratulations !    Take it one day at a time. 
Happy thanksgiving

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Dawn S.
on 11/26/09 7:24 am - Spring Grove, PA
Congratulations and welcome home!  We will work on the protein and exercise together!

Dawn

HW 326/SW 296/CW 168                           
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/09 9:21 am
I am so glad to hear from you!  I had a great experience with the doc's and nurses, all the staff were actually really nice and quite competent.  But, I am also glad to be home again.  Even though I could not sleep in my own bed - still a bit uncomfortable.  We shall see how it goes tonight.  Enjoyed watching everyone eat.  Really, it was not that bad.  I did miss the green bean casserole!  Maybe next year and I will make it so I know what is in it!
CKatGo
on 11/26/09 3:53 pm - VA
We had our big family Thanksgiving dinner a few weeks ago before I started the liquid diet. It was just my husband and me here yesterday and he smoked some venison in the garage so I wasn't salivating over food - LOL!  My kids were able to eat at their in-laws' homes so I know that they didn't miss out on any good food.
I was in the new critical care hospital at MCV so everythink was nice and new and surprisingly quiet for a hospital - I didn't have to wear my ear plugs. The nurses were great. My only annoyance was the IV's and such hooked up to me. Now I am dealing with the JP drain - I was hoping I wouldn't have to wear it home but can understand why it is necessary.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views