I'm Home

Toobcherished
on 11/11/09 10:12 am - Henrico, VA
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know I am now home.  I got let go at about 6:30 due to the fact they saw that my potassium was low and they added potassium to my IV to insure that I had enough before they let me go.

I am in just a bit of pain right now, not to bad at all.  I am too tired to leave a big update on the process etc hopefully I can get to do that tommorrow.

I will say that I really am appreciateve of all those who posted to my blog and prayed for me.  Prayers to work and I really am glad that you took the time out to wish me well and pray for me.

I would also like to take this time to thank my girl Melanie (CBPASSION).  There are just no words!  I didn't even know how much I needed someone there who understood what I was going through until she showed up.  I couldnt talk, I was somewhat out of it, in pain,  coudlnt catch my breath enough to tell her how how glad I was that she was there but when I saw her...I almost cried.  I was so apprecitive.  Later my parents told me how she sit with them, how she explained things that they were curious about and answered questions that they had.  How she had them laughing and kept their mind off of the surgery.  How blessed I am that she was there, how greatful !   Someone who I had never even met to show up and show out for me.  Again there are no words. You know there were some discussions earlier on this board about support for us newbies, about everyone being around for supporting each other and for us who had questions.  Well she represented this board well.  She was this board personified  All the comments I got on my blog, and on this board.  Thank you to ALL OF YOU, I didnt know how much I needed you all, how I had become so accustomed to this board.  I plan to be here for a very long time, and hopefully pay my dues back for other newbies.

Thanks everyone!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

jjoajes
on 11/11/09 10:40 am - laurelton, NY
so glad ur doing fine--the pain will go-- but now your on the losing side of the bench.  we will talk --be strong xoxo
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/11/09 12:05 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Congrats on being a loser now! And congrats on taking steps to making you happier and healthier!!

And yay for Melanie and her being there. THAT is the entire purpose of this board and what we are supposed to be about. You can count on all of us here!!!

The pain will go away & you may feel tired and drained for a bit. That is to be expected. Just be patient! Get your rest, sip your fluids and do your walking. We are here for you when you need us!

Hugs!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Kitty Kat
on 11/11/09 9:30 pm - Richmond, VA
Glad you are home Tanya! Kudos to Melanie for being such an amazing connection in all this. Hugs & prayers for a speedy recovery. All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

MerMer
on 11/11/09 10:01 pm
Hello Tanya,

So glad to hear that you are home. Get plenty of rest and remember to sip and walk.

GO Melanie!!

Melanie Melanie
She's so great
She shows support
like no one else can!!

Go Melanie!!

Melanie that's my cheer to you. You are simply the best. I'm so glad we have people like you on this board.

May GOD continue to bless the both of you.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 1:19 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tanya,

That is great news - you will be sore for a few days but you should congratulate yourself on the new life you have enabled yourself to start! We are all so proud of you!

And a big thank you to Melanie for being there for you too - it is fabulous to have someone there who knows exactly what you are going through....!!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing and remember we are all here for you!

Jackie
lysb
on 11/12/09 4:58 am - Alexandria, VA
Tanya - so very glad to see you posting.  So very glad you had Melanie too, what a blessing.  Sending you a big cyber((hug)) and some healing prayers.  Looking forward to seeing you post again soon.  Lys

caroline2622
on 11/12/09 7:41 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Tanya   Welcome to the losers bench.   So glad you are doing well.    Yes Melanie is great

Take it slow and each day one day at a time.   Take note of the little changes.  Stay your positive self. 

Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Demeyez
on 11/12/09 10:41 am
So glad to hear that you are doing well!!!!!
Can't is never an Option.        
prissy25
on 11/12/09 8:22 pm - Barboursville, VA
Whooowhoooo Glad your home and doing well Tonya and Melanie THANK YOU~~~ Melanie for showing your love and support thats what the board is about friends and helping others through the journey. Tonya glad you got to experience all this and you will have your time to be someones Angel and support them through there journey's as well. There are always many that come threw here who have nobody or there familys dont hang with them. Im glad all has worked for you. And welcome to the loosers bench......
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views