CPC Levels back

prissy25
on 11/10/09 10:20 pm - Barboursville, VA
Well I got a call from my surgeons office about my 4 yr check-up from RNY was told Iron Deficiency Anemia as well as my Vit D def. was low, my Iron level was 14 when the range is 45-144. My question is the want me to take Ferrous Gluconate Iron, I have Sulfate 65mg, what is the difference? And I already take the Calcium + D w/magnisum and potasuim 200 I.U. twice a day now they want me to add Vit. D 3 Cholecalciferol 400 I.U daily +they want me on a stool softner, like I dont already have issues. Any other suggetions?
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Kitty Kat
on 11/10/09 10:27 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey woman! Of course you'd want to go with what your surgeon's office suggests. However, I would take to them what I suggested to you & see if they are fine with you incorporating Dry Vit D tablets & the Multi into things. We've talked offline & I've given you my suggestions since I've dealt with low iron & low vit d. Since taking the Dry Vitamin D tablet it works wonder. Hopefully you can find what works for you. Hugs & all best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 10:49 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with

Okay - deep breath  - all of this is recvoverable if you follow instructions....

I take myu iton and stoll softners justy before I go to bed - that way nothing interferes with the iron and the stool softners get all night to work - I was given Niferex 150 forte and they work really great! Very little constipation - I told my doctor I suffered from it enough without the cast iron stools too - so he gave me these and they have worked great since....

I also take Vit D 1000 D3 - my doctor told me I should start taking them so I have been taking them but they are non prescription...

It is my understandoing that  both are very similar  - but ferrous gluconate tablets is an are alternative option if ferrous sulphate is not tolerated. And if you are currently taking that but have low blood iron I think that is why they may be switching you....

You may also not be taking enough calcium as we are supposed to require 1600 I.U per day...

Just some minor changes........

Jackie

prissy25
on 11/10/09 11:15 pm - Barboursville, VA
I dont take Iron at all the sulphate is just a bottle I have here I just thought if I could use that it would save me from having to buy more since funds are tight for me now. The one calc. I take is expensive enough I dont even want to know what the other will run on top of the softners and the iron.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Brenda E.
on 11/11/09 6:44 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

Thankfully I have not had any troubles with my iron levels but I am still pretty new.  However, I was put on Vitamin D3 this last month and having to take 5000 iu a day for 8 weeks and then going to 1000 iu.  They are inexpensive at Wal-mart...I paid $5 for the bottle of 90.  I havent be prescribed stool softener but do take one every day because of the severe constipation problems if I dont ( and these problems have only occured since surgery).  I take Dulcolax and it works for me. 

Hope this helps a bit.

Brenda

Shanana
on 11/12/09 1:28 am - Altavista, VA
 Now I am scared of getting mine back next week. They must have changed their recommended Iron.  Last year it was Ferrous Sulfate they recommended to me. They agreed to let me switch to prenatals that have extra Iron with C to help absorb it. May be because your levels are so much lower.   I have taken the scripted D in the past. After that I have continued the OTC kind to try and keep it up higher. 
Hope Mary or someone will help you and guide you and using what you already have. I had already bought a couple different kinds before they told me to take something different, wasted my money. 
The extra iron will require a stool softener or complete misery will follow. 
Let us know what they say. I don't ck here all the time but will try and remember to come back for your reply. 
Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Toobcherished
on 11/12/09 2:29 am - Henrico, VA
Just a quick note to say I am sorry you are having such troubles.  That sure is A lot to have to take!!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views