Update on Upcoming RNY

CKatGo
on 11/10/09 7:32 pm - VA
Hi Everyone,
Time is flying by and my surgery is in less than 2 wks. Yesterday I attended a 2.5 hour class with a nutritionist and the bariatric nurse. Learned alot from both. The nurse had RNY earlier this year and has lost 70 pounds - she was very enthusiastic and informative. Then it was onto seeing the surgeon and anesethsia nurse, then the EKG, blood tests and urinalysis. I am on the liquid protein diet so my energy level was down and I was exhausted when I got home. Luckily, I am off from work today. I have been getting ready for the surgery and recovery by stocking up on protein powder, sugar free flavorings, etc. Got food cooked and frozen for my hubby and have been doing heavy cleaning in the house. I have all of my Christmas shopping done and will wrap the gifts this week. Oh, I was pleased that I have lost over 5 lbs since my consultation with the surgeon at the end of Aug. Life is good.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 9:47 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hiya! Welcome to the VA Board!

Looks like you are all organized and getting ready for the first day or your new life! Make sure you read as much as you can and feel free to ask questions here as many people can answer them and help you. No question is a stupid one and we have ALL been where you are today!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Jackie
prissy25
on 11/10/09 10:08 pm - Barboursville, VA
Sounds as if you are prepared for you big day, wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Wow I wish my Christmas shopping was done havent even started. Prayers coming your way and will be watching for your post of recovery. Welcome to the VA Board.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Kitty Kat
on 11/10/09 10:20 pm - Richmond, VA
Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Wishing you all best for a successful surgery & speedy recovery. :)
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

caroline2622
on 11/11/09 3:35 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Sounds like you are well organized.     Great that your hubby is supportive too.    Best of luck and keep in touch.  You will be on the losers bench very soon.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
tommygirl
on 11/12/09 2:11 am
Welcome to the Va. board, and before you know your day will be here. I will be praying for a great success with the surgery which I know you are in good hands when you have the best surgeon  JESUS around to guide your doctor through this surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Betty
CKatGo
on 11/12/09 5:21 pm - VA
Thank you so much!
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views