Richmond get together - Getting a head count & sending out a reminder

Ken Currin
on 11/12/09 11:28 am - South Hill, VA
So is there going to be a lot of folks coming?
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/12/09 11:30 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
So far, I think we are up to about 5 or 6 and then Tammy & myself plus spouses and/or kids. It's nothing fancy but hopefully we will have a good time.

I hope you can make it. I just wanted to say that I see your before & after pics in the office (the "weigh in office" at Commonwealth Surgeons. Just say it Tuesday and you are doing remarkable. You look fantastic!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Ken Currin
on 11/12/09 11:44 am - South Hill, VA
I had another one printed last week to include the full year. It is kinda big so I am not sure if I will give it to the surgons office or not, it is 24' wide, not sure how tall, but 10"

I missed my last appointment and never rescheduled. Lost my insurance so I never rescheduled. But I have insurance again and plan on making appointment soon.

I had blood work done at my local doctors office and it was all in good order, so I am not sure what a surgeons visit would be for, except to fuss at me, which I probably need. I have to get back on track, lost down to 218 during a week I must have had a virus or something becuase I started loosing about 2 - 3 per DAY, for a week, then all of a sudden I shot back up to 229 the next week.

Got to get back on track and do good. I really don't think I eat right, but I don't eat the stuff I used to.

I will check with my boss to see if she wants to make the road trip this Saturday.
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/12/09 11:48 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
I can relate to getting off track. When I started with the ulcer, before knowing what it was, I was not eating! After they fixed it and then did another surgery, I still can't eat. Sometimes I think that it doesn't matter what I eat as long as it's calories since for months I've only been getting about 400-700 but that isn't a good way of thinking.

I would recommend you making an appointment with Maya or Jeannine. Your PCP probably didn't do all the labs that the surgeon would do, like the extra vitamins. They usually just do the basics.

Just remember it's not a race. It's about where we end up. And looking at where we all came from, it's been an awesome, very worthwhile journey!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views