PC surgery date

caroline2622
on 11/10/09 7:03 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Well I have finally made my Plastic Surgeon selection.   I am going with Dr Krieger of Krieger and Goldberg Associates.  Not be be confused with Dr Kriegel of Bluepoint Surgical.

Scheduled  for December 7th   Dr Krieger took a great deal of time with me to make sure he understand my issues.  We discussed options and  what was in my best interest as I still have 60 lbs to go. 

I have advanced degenerative arthritis.   My front gut and pubic area has dropped is adding to balance and back pain.  Skin has become thin, bleeding and splittng.     We are doing a front body lift and repair 2 small hernias.         It was suggested I start keeping documentation and photos of my issues.   I decided not to wait that long to show the insurance co my infections /rashes.   I feel I would be playing roulette with my health.  So biting the bullet and feel better.   Self pay it is.  

Dr suggested that once the lbl has been completed the rest of the weight may come off easier.   Not expecting it but it would be great as my weightloss has slowed down.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
MerMer
on 11/10/09 12:27 pm
Hello Caroline,

I hope the surgery helps your situation. Sounds like you may be in pain. I'm sure you will lose the rest of the weight. Continue to stay positive.

caroline2622
on 11/10/09 1:55 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Since there will be little lipo going on, there should be little pain.  My GF had work done and we were so surprised at how tille issues she had.     1st few days there may be some discomfort.    But we will see.    Hoping the procedure will take some of my back strain/pain away,  

Trust all is going well with you?

lost 140 lbs     

Kitty Kat
on 11/10/09 6:41 pm - Richmond, VA
Wishing you all best on your surgery. He's a very nice & talented man. :) 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

caroline2622
on 11/11/09 2:08 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Thanks    1st impression was he is definately well versed on Bariatrics. He gave me his book

lost 140 lbs     

virtly
on 11/10/09 7:50 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Yeah, we will be healing at the same time.
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 10:02 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Raven - you will do great!!!

Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 10:00 pm, edited 11/10/09 10:00 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Great choice Carolyn - he is THE best!!!   - in my not so humble opinion lol!! He is such a talented and caring surgeon and he really gets us! I am sure you will also love his results as he has a great deal of experience of bariatric patients and it is his specialty. As you know we have very different skin issues to "normal" people and he takes all of that into account....

You will be amazed how you feel after surgery - he takes VERY good care of pain issues and the extra insurance that he gives everyone for 30 days means no out of pocket payments if you have any unavoidable issues.

I have not regretted for one second using him as my plastic surgery and I had a lower body lift, breast lift then implants, underarms and inner thighs - new woman - and that is how you will feel as well. He removed 12lbs of excess skin from my stomach - so you will have a nice weight loss a couple of weeks afterwards when the fluid from surgery leaves your body...!

Be sure to take loose fitting pants with you for going home as you do swell a little from surgery....

Bet you cant wait!

Jackie
caroline2622
on 11/11/09 2:09 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Jackie    Thank you again for your support .   So glad I went for the 2nd opinion.  

lost 140 lbs     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views