Support Group at St. Mary's

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 2:21 am - Henrico, VA
Does anyone currently go to them? Or has anyone ever been? My surgery was in May and I have yet to go to one but Im thinking that it may help with some of the issues I have been having. Just wanted to know if they have helped anyone else.

Thanks!
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/10/09 2:52 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hey Melissa!

I go occassionally but will definitely be attending the one this Thursday. My sister in law's mom, who's surgeon is Dr Bautista, will be meeting me there.

With all that I have been going through, the ulcers, feeding tubes, and finding out today that another surgery will be in my immediate future, I DEFINITELY will be attending.

Hope to see you there!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Toobcherished
on 11/12/09 2:26 am - Henrico, VA
I'm going to start going now that I have gotten my surgery.  Maybe I will see you there, I here they are great!!!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Ken Currin
on 11/12/09 11:23 am - South Hill, VA
I want to go, I always forget when they are. I live about an hour and a half away so I don't make many or actually I have only made ONE. The one I went to was not a good one, they even told me it was not a good first meeting for me. So I want to give it another shot.
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 8:11 pm
I had to go to one for my insurance - I thought it was good.  Lots of nice folks and the person leading the group did a good job keeping on topic! 
rebland66
on 11/16/09 1:40 am

Ken
Do you recall the times for the meetings?  I know that there is one specifically designed for newbies like me.

Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 8:22 am
This link should take you to the St. Mary's website with the meeting schedule.  I would call or email and check, because they do switch them around sometimes.  If the link does not work, let me know. 

http://www.bonsecours.com/surgicalweightloss/education.asp
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/16/09 9:49 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
There are different meetings, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which tailor to different aspects, and surgery types. If you'd like, I can post the schedule for you of what days for what type of meetings? Let me know!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views