Brand new!

luvbug0827
on 11/7/09 9:57 am
Hi all! I just had my rtny done on the 4th. I got home yesterday and woke up today to a very itchy belly. Evidently I'm having an allergic reaction to the steristrips they used on me. I have blisters under the entire area where the steristrips were - called dr, and he said take them off. Theyr'e off but the benedryll he said to use isn't helping and the itching is making me miserable! Anyone else had this issue and anything specific work to get rid of the blisters?

Thanks for the info!
Diana
Melissa N.
on 11/7/09 11:57 pm - Stafford, VA
Congrats on your surgery!!  And welcome to the board.  I am sorry you are having problems with an allergic reaction.  Continue to take the benadryl as directed.  I would call your surgeon first and see if it is OK for you to try to cortizone cream or bendaryl cream.  I had a massive allergic reaction after I had my first daughter to the spray and tape they used on my back.  It was on large raised red blister on my back.  You may also see if he can prescribe some oral steriod.  I had gotten another reaction on my one time from my tub, it must have been from me using cleaning supplies I used to clean my bath.  Even though I had washed it down really well and even took a shower after the cleaning.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Kitty Kat
on 11/8/09 6:54 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Diana,

I agree with Melissa. Continue to take what you've been told, call the doc & hopefully they can suggest something else. I didn't experience that issue. CONGRATS on your surgery & keep us posted on your journey!

All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views