Surgery on Monday 11/9/09

melanie M.
on 11/6/09 1:13 pm - Hopewell, VA
Tanya,

I am so excited for you!!! I will be calling you this weekend..

I suggest wearing comfy clothes you can go back home in. Dont bring too much as you will not use most of it.. I wore sweatpants & oversized t-shirt to hospital and wore it home. Wear a sportsbra  its less painful!!
Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 8:54 pm - Henrico, VA
Hey girl,  your time should be fast approching too right?  Are you about ready?

I am determined to bring nothing but what I need to the hospital.  Hey do you know if we could use Wifi at St. Marys.  Ummm I am kinda addicted to my laptop.

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

melanie M.
on 11/7/09 10:51 pm - Hopewell, VA
Unfortunately they dont have WIFI  but I was able to connect to someone in area who was unsecured..maybe you can do that. I doubt you will even bring laptop out of bag..lol     Make sure to bring small pillow with you for drive home!!!  You WILL need it on belly!!!
caroline2622
on 11/6/09 7:47 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Tanya     So excited for you!    

So you have your vitamins     Chewable multi vitamin, B12 (trader joes are the best), Vitamin D, calcuim citrate ( new bariatric advantage lemon or choc )   I also take fish oil tabs (but they are too big for your right now.  

When you 1st get home try the Isocure liquid drinks    Easier to digest then the powders.   Vitamin shuppe sells them in singles.   Water them down.   For me the best flavor was orange pinapple.     Do not buy alot of protiens.  Our taste buds change .  What I like pre op totally change post op.    Buy samples if possible or buddy up with others to try them.  

I loved fruity flavors in the beginning   Nectar peach or cherry are very good and natural tasting. 
Now really love EAS vanilla.     I put in Sugar Free French Vanilla or Hazel nut to change up the flavors.    Trader Joes Choc and Vanilla are high quality and have vitamins in them as well.

Just remember to sip sip sip    All in slow amounts at first.   One the Doc allows mushies each slowly.   Take each day at a time.   Each day you will have changes and move toward eating and getting back to your new self.      Meats chopped and moisten,   Chew well and take your time,

Remember this is just a tool.     Keep in touch!  Welcome soon to the loosers bench.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 8:58 pm - Henrico, VA
VERY VERY helpful reply THANK YOU!    I will defintily stop by the Vitamin Shoppe again and pick up some RTD Isopure. 

Thanks again! 

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

caroline2622
on 11/7/09 12:21 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hey we all started off being a bit on edge and information overload.   Just paying it forward. 

I had a great reference book from Fair Oaks Hospital Nutrionist.  That info and their followup support was invaluable.   Your nutrionist will become your best tool to success.   Good eating habits and balanced meals.   

Would like to talk feel free to PM me.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Penny Denny
on 11/7/09 7:46 am - Collinsville, VA
Hi Tanya,

I like the ready to drink EAS protein drinks better than the powder. You can get them at Wal Mart. But it sounds like you are in good shape. My hospital was about an hour away, so I took my cell phone to make calls. I could not call long distance on the hospital phone, so that may be something you need.

Best wishes to you, I have said a prayer for you.
Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

luvbug0827
on 11/7/09 9:54 am
Good luck! I'm an oobie newbie, just had mine done on the 4th so I don't really have advice other than, they aren't joking when they say walking makes it better! I'm back at home now and can't sit for very long without getting really uncomfortable (am having a lot of gas pains) as soon as I start walking it feels SO much better! Pillows do help too while in the hospital! I couldn't lay in the bed but the chair was my best friend! I wish you luck!
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/7/09 12:01 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Congratulations! Come Monday afternoon, the word loser will have an entirely NEW meaning and you will LOVE it!!!

I didn't read all the other posts so if I repeat anything I apologize. A few of the things I couldn't live without immediately after surgery was sugar free popsicles, sugar fee jellos, Carnation Instant Breakfasts (no sugar added) and broths. While I was in the hospital, it was my pillow for leaning on if I turned to my side while sleeping, maybe a few tampons or maxi pads, because surgery is known to throw your body into a cycle. I didn't have one for 2 yrs before, due to the depo shot but sure enough, 2 days after surgery, in the hospital, it hit, and haven't had another one, lol. Also some word searchs or crossword books & my laptop.

Good luck and we can't wait to welcome you to the losers bench.
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Shanana
on 11/7/09 12:42 pm - Altavista, VA
 Prayers for your surgery on Monday! Four years ago I was the one as nervous but at the same time excited like you are! You have gotten great tips here. I didnt use anything but the basics while I ws there. The shower brush was needed to scratch from morphine and reach anywhere I couldnt reach lol, feminine wipes helped me alot. I just wore my clothes home that I wore to hospital too. Don't forget the phone charger! 
You will do great! God bless you!
Shannon

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views