Surgery on Monday 11/9/09

Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 9:05 am - Henrico, VA
Hey everyone

Well my surgery will be on Monday and I am so excited.  I am tyring to get a list together of things that I need to do and get before the big day.

So far yesterday I went to Vitamin shoppe and bought  EAS protein powder (choc).  I also purchased a little blender cup for my shakes.  And two protein bullets.  Today I purchased one body pillow and two reg pillows  to keep me comfy.
My mom is lending me her Magic Bullet also
I have broth,chapstick already and I am going out to buy SF popcicles and yogurt  tommorrow.
I also will be picking up some Gas X strips.

Can you give me some other suggestions?
I will be staying with my parents after I get out of the hospital for a few days so they can help with my two kids but hope to be back to my own home by Sat at the latest.(we only live 5 min apart).

Any tips and tricks fill me in.

Thanks in advance you all are the GREATEST!!!!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

rduck8
on 11/6/09 10:12 am
RNY on 03/17/09 with
Yea,
you will be amazed at how fast the weight will just drop off. As far as hospital stay I wore the hospital gown the entire time. My feet were swollen from all of the extra fluid, so be sure that your shoes or slippers are big enough after surgery. I took my own tooth brush, paste and pillow. You have pillows which will be so very important after surgery, I could not sleep in a bed so I slept in my recliner for a bit. Be prepared to walk, walk, walk. The more you move the better u will feel. Be sure your shoes are comfortable to wear home, you will sleep for the most part after you get home, be sure to sip sip sip. I did not purchase to much stuff, but a baby spoon was really helpful also. You hear people say you taste will change, please take it serious because it will. Pray before and give thanks after you wake from your surgery.
God bless and get ready is all I can say.
rduck
Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 9:01 pm - Henrico, VA
I didn't think about the fact that my feet would be swollen until you said something.  I will be sure to have my large slip ons to wear home. 

As soon as I open my eyes and realize the Surgery is done I will give God all the Glory don't you worry!!!  Thank you so much for the well wishes, your post just made me even more excited!

Be Blessed!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

MerMer
on 11/6/09 10:27 am
Hello Tanya,

I'm so glad that you are getting ready for the losers bench.

Don't forget your vitamins. You will surely need them.

Prayers going up for you.

God Bless,

Mary

Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 9:02 pm - Henrico, VA
Thank you so much!  Vitamins are on my list.  I was confused on which ones I should get until reading the lovely ladies responses here.

Thanks for the well wishes and Be blessed!

Tanya

nebrasfield
on 11/6/09 11:19 am, edited 11/6/09 11:21 am - North Little Rock, AR
Girl yeah, we're going to be in recovery together with mine on Tues.  I too have just finished buying all the stuff needed for post surgery, except the pillows-good idea!

Now I was told to get this stuff, but of course each dr is different:
isopure (15 g protein)-got it from GNC, but i think its better to order the bigger bottles online (30 g protein)
gas x strips, milk of magnesium, carafate (Rx), pravacid (Rx), Ca, Centrum orange chewables, sublingual b12, hibiclens, adult liquid tylenol, crystal light, immodium tabs, B complex, baby wipes/feminine wipes-flushable, long shower brush, SF clear juice, .baby spoons, baby bowls and cups (they said they should be good to have for portion control)...I think that is it.  I got the chapstick too reading about all the chapped lips lol.  Good idea on the bigger slippers/shoes also.

Talk to you in recovery. (lol we won't be dancing like this for a min)
Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 8:51 pm - Henrico, VA
Hey girl, I am so excited and I am sure you are just as excited as I am.  Can you beleive the day is just about here?  I sure can't!

You should definitly get pillows if you can, I got mine from Target for 9.99 for the body pillow(on sale) and they had some decent regular size pillows for only 3.99. 

I have just updated my shopping list with your suggestions and will try to it all done today.

I kind of just want to spend some of my sunday cleaning and then just relaxing and of Course praying.

See you ont he losers bench and Thanks!!!

Tanya  (Ps did you find someone who can help you next week?)

nebrasfield
on 11/7/09 9:58 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hey I def check out target. Are you taking the full body pillow to the hospital? 

I did find help within my family to watch my son while I am in the hospital...she can only stay a few days, but I think once I get home I will be fine as long as I do the minimal.  I have prepared all food, cloths, toys and etc. for my son.  Prayer is also on  my side!

You know last night I was doing some research on the vitamins/supplements I bought vs. the ideas from others...Next go around I am going with the baiatric advantage supplements/vitamins.  There's more in less. I bought the centrum orange and have to take twice as many as compared to BA.  I will be talking to my nut at the hospital to verify I am taking the right amounts.

And you're right, I'm so excited I'm subdued...tomorrow will also be a day of last minute cleaning and prayer.
ggoens
on 11/6/09 11:32 am - Chester, VA

Hi Tanya, I am praying for you!  I know you are excited and will be glad to get this behind you!  Best wishes!

Gerri

Toobcherished
on 11/6/09 8:52 pm - Henrico, VA
Thank you, please keep the prayers coming Ms. Gerri because I know they do work!

Tanya

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views