Favorite Winter Activities - POLL!

Kitty Kat
on 11/3/09 7:35 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am ya'll!

With the weather getting a bit cooler now that we're into November what are your favorite winter activities???

One for us is raking leaves (like last pm) in to huge piles and jumping in them. Once we've pretty much demolished the pile we put them into our garden. Raking leaves not only gives us a work out, gets in nature time, it also gives us smiles & a beautiful yard. We realize there are leaf blowers & such however, raking is an activity we can all do. :)

Another is walking! Free, fun, all can participate & obviously a great way to excercise. In cooler weather we dress in layers & bring bottles of water with us for hydration. Nothing like a little coolness to get our rears moving faster. Its great also for changing up where we walk & we get to explore nature as well. We'll collect leaves & different items to use for projects & such.

Please share! You never know when YOUR idea can help inspire & help others to see & try things that might not have otherwise thought about!

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 11/3/09 9:23 pm - Barboursville, VA
Every made love under those piles of leaves great exercise and good body heat  you gotta love it.... And nobody would think to look for you there. Just a thought . I enjoy the crisp air and watching the trees change there leaves and the birds chirping, and just seeing all the changes around us. Its really neat how things make there change this time of a the year. 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ms Court
on 11/3/09 9:37 pm - Remington, VA
vavavavooooommmmm

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 11/4/09 12:35 am - Richmond, VA
You crack me up woman! Yes, a GREAT workout for the body which I thoroughly enjoy. Its a pride thing with me. I love to work for things (aka raking to create something joyous for the buggas & its win/win - clean yard, fun times & adds to the growth of our greens in the garden). This is my fav time of year as well. :)
Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Ms Court
on 11/3/09 9:39 pm - Remington, VA
I am itching to be out riding a bike.  I don't have one though so it is difficult.  My bday is coming up & I have that on my list so I am hoping someone will get it.

Like walking, haven't been getting any in so I need to start pushing that.

I am actually loving doing my yard work in my new yard.  It is fulfilling for my heart & great for my body and is good cause it goes year round, planting, mowing, raking, weed pulling, shoveling snow, etc. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Kitty Kat
on 11/4/09 12:36 am - Richmond, VA
Riding a bike is nice anytime of year really. Oh yeah. Yard work is GREAT! I love it as well. Walking is something so many take for granted until we either cannot or miss it with the cooler temps. :)
Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Katie C.
on 11/4/09 7:50 am - VA
Fav winter activity...well it's not very active, but then I haven't had my surgery yet, so curled up under a warm fuzzy blanket reading a good book with a hot cup of tea or (sf) cocoa...my mind is very active!
Kitty Kat
on 11/5/09 9:50 pm - Richmond, VA
No worries Katie! I love to hear everyone's ideas. I too love to read & enjoy cuppas! In fact, I can thank you for a reminder for one of my To Do lists for today. I need to revise it for the books I'm wanting to read. :) 
Sober since 25th Aug 07 

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/09 9:24 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I really would like to get into winter but I really don't like it lol!  My fav activiry is looking forward to Spring lol

Jackie
Kitty Kat
on 11/5/09 9:50 pm - Richmond, VA
LOL Jackie! I hear ya. :)
Sober since 25th Aug 07 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views