banding over bypass

crothers2003
on 11/3/09 4:15 am - Scottsville, VA
Looking for a surgeon here in Virginia who currently performs the revision surgery known as "banding over bypass"  My currentl insurance, Southern Health, will not pay for the DS.............please help
melanie M.
on 11/3/09 6:34 am - Hopewell, VA
Dominion Surgical Group at St. Mary's Hospital Richmond does.  Dr's Brengmann & Schroder  804-285-4133 I had that as an option for my revision Im about it have. I chose not to for my own personal reasons. Good Luck!!
crothers2003
on 11/3/09 6:31 pm - Scottsville, VA
what type of revision did you have and what was your original surgery?
melanie M.
on 11/4/09 12:33 am - Hopewell, VA
crothers2003
on 11/4/09 1:46 am - Scottsville, VA
why did you choose this over the band?
melanie M.
on 11/4/09 5:36 am - Hopewell, VA
I didnt want any foreign objects left in my body..Like I said it was personal decision..i couldnt get over the fact.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/09 10:30 am - Yorktown, VA
I just responded to you in your other thread, but this one answers my questions.  Have you considered putting in for the DS anyhow and then if denied appealing it? 

Dr. Sudan at Duke (Durham, NC) does the DS and they actually use the CPT code that is really vague.  I did a lot of double checking and my insurance said as long as they bill with the same code they submitted, it doesn't matter.  I also know of another person in NC getting the DS with Sudan who was expecting a denial, but was approved.  She thinks it may be due to this vague CPT code. 

I was also going to ask if you thought about the sleeve instead, but if your insurance won't cover the DS, it probably won't cover the sleeve. 

I do also have to point out that by settling you may end up with more issues down the road that could be avoided by appealing and going through a tough time to get what you really want now.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
crothers2003
on 11/6/09 1:29 am - Scottsville, VA
what CPT code was it?
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/09 6:16 am - Yorktown, VA
I believe it was 43645....laparoscopy, surgical, gastric restrictive procedure and small intestine reconstruction to limit absorption. 
coolcrewof4
on 11/5/09 9:08 pm - Gloucester, VA
I have the BOB I went through Weight Loss Surgery Center, with Dr. Clark.  I am not sure if he does revisions, but you could find out.  It is located in Newport News
Journey began October 7, 2009-- HW 294 SW 281 CW 185  long term goal 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views