Anyone from Bluepoint?

Mary B.
on 11/3/09 2:06 am - Southern, MD
I havent met any of the new dieticians and I was wondering if anyone has met with them. I've only worked with Brittany.

Im really struggling and I need someone to help me setup a plan. Ive read thru my books and I only see examples of what I should be eating, not calories per day. I did just find on the website that we should be eating only 3 meals per day no snacks.

Anyway, just wondering how they are.

Thanks
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Brenda E.
on 11/3/09 3:28 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Both Courtney and Ashley are very helpful!  I have worked with both of them as well as Brittany.  I would definately contact them to have them help you get back on track.  Good luck!

Brenda

Lisa B.
on 11/3/09 8:52 am - CO
My surgeon back home was very strict that band patients only eat when they are hungry and at NO OTHER TIME. If that means you eat 3 squares a day then that's what you eat, if it means you only eat once a day then that's what you eat. He didn't care about calories until you were down to the last 20 or so pounds (or of course if you weren't loosing weight). He said that with a band it was all about learning hunger and to eat with that hunger. With a RNY you absolutely have to have a certain amount of calories and nutrients because of the malabsorptive side of the procedure...it's a COMPLETELY different ball game than a band so rules for bypass have nothing, whatsoever, to do with a band and you can't compare the two. Bands eat only when they're hungry...bypasses eat no less than 3 squares meals a day, preferrably 5-6 small square meals a day.

But again, these were MY doc's rules. Your doc might say different.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 8:37 pm
Hey Mary... I've only worked with Brittany as well.  I have an appt tomorrow Thurs for my 2 year check, but the last time I was there was right before Brittany left and she just told be to keep doing what I've been doing.  Insightful huh?  lol
Lynn415
on 11/5/09 10:58 am - Chantilly, VA
I work with Ashley and she is very nice and very helpful.  The food plan at Bluepoint is indeed three meals a day - 1/4 c. protein + 1/4 cup fruits/veggies.  No bread, rice or pasta.  No snacks.  Two protein shakes in between meals.  I've been on it for almost 7 months and have lost 110 lb.  I know that I currently eat about 700-800 calories a day because I log my food on thedailyplate.com but I don't think Bluepoint really wants us counting calories.  Counting protein and water intake is what is important.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Mary B.
on 11/5/09 10:14 pm - Southern, MD
Lynn,
Thank you SO MUCH! That is exactly the information I was looking for. I could not find it anywhere in my binder.
And Im calling for an appt today :)
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views