help please no program fee

klassiest
on 11/3/09 3:47 am - Silver Spring, MD
I live in the Northern Neck area of VA and would like to know of any doctors that perform this surgery that do not charge a program fee in my area.  (Sorry, the Northern Neck is in between Richmond and Hampton) Also any Drs. who do not require you to lose an excessive amount of weight to have the surgery.  I know that they want you to lose it to show that you are serious, but I figure I am serious if I am going to alter my body.  Thanks for any suggestions. 
Lifeski
on 11/3/09 4:59 am
The only fee I was looking at at VCU nutrionist and that was going to be under $400 because my insurance did not cover it.  I think they have a great group of doctors and I only switched doctors so I could get a VSG.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

klassiest
on 11/3/09 9:54 pm - Silver Spring, MD
is the VCU program with dr maher?
Lifeski
on 11/4/09 1:13 am
Yes it is.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

~Truffles~
on 11/3/09 5:28 am - VA
Well, what surgery are you looking into and how far are you willing/able to travel?
klassiest
on 11/3/09 9:56 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I am looking into the RNY and I am willing to travel approx 1 hr. 
Demeyez
on 11/3/09 10:11 am
I second Truffles. How far are you willing to travel? Chesapeake is 20 min from Hampton and i did not have to pay a program fee with my surgeon.
Can't is never an Option.        
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 11/3/09 2:58 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
My surgeon's (Dr Bautista) group, Bon Secour(this is the new part added to their name) Commonwealth Surgeon's is located in Richmond, at St Mary's Hospital. They did not require a program fee and did not require me to lose a certain amount of weight. Although they were preferring that I didn't gain, and to definitely lose during the 2 week pre op liver shrinking diet.

If you'd like more information, just let me know. I'd be happy to share!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

klassiest
on 11/3/09 9:53 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Yes, I would love more info.  How long was your hospital stay?  How long did it take from the start of your process to your actual surgery?  What was required of the program.  Like psychological testing and so forth?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views