Had my EDG....

lysb
on 10/30/09 11:41 am - Alexandria, VA
Melissa - so sorry about the news, but glad that maybe then can fix it for you.  Keeping you close in prayer.  Hope dr. halmi has a good plan for you. lys

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:17 pm - Stafford, VA
Thanks Lys!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/30/09 12:35 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
As weird as it sounds, I am so glad that they found the ulcers and that that's causing the problems. At least now you can get the appropriate treatment. I hope they did something for the bleeding ulcer though as that can be very dangerous.

I am sorry that you are facing a possible revision but on the bright side... You have so totally rocked the RNY that you have and you will definitely ROCK whatever it is that you have to have done.

I will pray for you and your surgeon and that the right decision for YOU is made. Good luck hun!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:23 pm - Stafford, VA
Thanks TM.  No it does not sound weird.  The news is two fold.  I am so relieved to know there is a cause for my pain and not just in my head but terrifying because of what I may need to have done.  Thank you again.

415/375/180/175

Lisa W.
on 10/30/09 12:47 pm - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with
Melissa,

I know how you're feeling and what you're going through.  I have dealt with everything that you're dealing with, had a perforated ulcer AND a revision...and getting ready to reverse my RNY to a VSG. 
Please know that if you need ANYTHING...or have ANY questions about what's happening or just want to know all that I've dealt with associated with my ulcers, you can send me a message on FB.  Hang in there...I know it's scary and it sucks and the pain is unreal...I wish I had some magical words of advice but, all I have is my experience and a willingness to listen/talk if you need it.
Lisa
Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:24 pm - Stafford, VA
Thank you Lisa, I really appreciate it.

415/375/180/175

prissy25
on 10/30/09 10:43 pm - Barboursville, VA
Melissa sorry to here about this, but remeber none of our journey's are the same and your story will help others. though Im truely sorry your going through all this and the pain. But like you said one day at a time, and sounds as if you have gotten to the bottom of the promblem now and your surgeon and  take  steps now to  make the changes for you. Your in my  prayers and I wish you all the best. Please keep us post sweetie and feel better  soon. God will see you through all this hun....
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Melissa N.
on 11/1/09 10:45 am - Stafford, VA
Thanks Melinda!!

415/375/180/175

melanie M.
on 10/31/09 12:06 am - Hopewell, VA
I am so sorry sweetie!!! I hope whatever they decide to do it will take care of it and you never have to deal with it  again!!  Take care!
Melissa N.
on 11/1/09 10:47 am - Stafford, VA
Thank you Melanie!

415/375/180/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views