Had my EDG....

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 6:26 am - Stafford, VA
Well, I had it today and I got answers.  I am not sure how to feel about it right now.  On one hand I am happy to know why I am feeling the way I do and then on the other hand I am scared ****less.  Excuse my language.  So it came back that my ulcer I have is now larger and bleeding.  But that is not the one my Gastronoligist is worried about.  I have another one that is deep into the instenal wall.  He said there is not much more he can do for me and it is most likely surgical related and not due to acid or meds (advil mortin since I don't touch the stuff).  I made an appointment this morning with Dr Halmi for Monday and he wants me to keep it and follow up with him.  His recomendation is a revision.  I will see what Dr Halmi says on Monday.  I am thankful to know why I am in this pain but scared to know what may happen next.  The best thing i can do is take it one day at a time until Monday.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

vagirl00
on 10/30/09 7:35 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Why is it we always find things like this out on a Friday, when we have to spend the whole weekend waiting to find out the next step and thinking about it?  There should be a rule out there about this!

I am so sorry about the news, Melissa.  Thankfully they have identified the problem, and are looking for solutions.  Don't hesitate to get in touch - you know how to reach me.  I am here for you!

Hang in there....hopefully nothing but good news coming your way on Monday.
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:15 pm - Stafford, VA
Cindy,
I know right!!  No my appointment was with my Gastro on Thursday and he worked me into a scope ASAP on Friday.  My appointment could have been later with Halmi, but luckily I made a decision to go ahead and schedule one before I went into my scope.  I am wondering if I should have called after my scope to see if I should have come in yesterday.  But I was just to shell shock I guess.

Thank you!  I do know where to find you though. ;)

415/375/180/175

Tam
on 10/31/09 12:55 am - Richmond, VA
I messaged you on FB but wanted you to know I am still thinking of you and sending prayers.  I know several folks that have had revisions and remember...you can still use the knowledge of what you have learned to make it work for you still.  It is all in God's hands!  many hugs and much love!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Pat F.
on 10/30/09 9:11 am - Richmond, VA
Sorry to hear but glad that they found what it is and can take care of it. Take care and let us know how it turns out Monday.

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:15 pm - Stafford, VA
Thanks Pat.

415/375/180/175

Kitty Kat
on 10/30/09 9:27 am - Richmond, VA
Good pm Melissa, 

I am glad you have answers. I know its not much solace in them. My prayers are with you & I sincerely hope that you get a plan in place to help you find relief of pain & move on from here. Hugs.

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:16 pm - Stafford, VA
Thank you kat!

415/375/180/175

caroline2622
on 10/30/09 10:50 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Melissa    So Sorry you are going through this.     I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.   

Try to relax, easier said than done.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Melissa N.
on 10/30/09 10:17 pm - Stafford, VA
Thanks Caroline.

415/375/180/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views