4 Year Anniv. Update

prissy25
on 10/29/09 6:02 am - Barboursville, VA
Just a note out to those who know me and to the newbies, come Sat, yes Halloween 4 yrs ago I had my RNY I then was 410 pounds and was told I would die in 6 months if I didn't loose my weight. Now then I was wheelchair bound the day of my orientation as well carrying in a oxygen tank, when I got there that morning the nurse practitioner doing the meeting stopped me @ the corner of the hallway and said to me if you cant get up out that chair and walk into the conference room we cant help you. I was furious, who the hell did she think she was? But  I did it and I proved her I could do it! Well later I found out she didn't mean to be or sound so ugly and did it for my own good, because she said if u don't walk we all know what happiness. So she was only trying to help me. Now today at my check up I'm down to 202  yes that's a 208 pound loss and its been a struggle but I have lost a whole person. I'm still not finished I have lost  5 pounds in the past few weeks and  lil over  25-27 in the past few months, so the TOOL still works! Just keep working it and don't give up. So many times I wanted to throw in the towel from not loosing or stalls but I know it's been 4 years and I'm working on plastics now but I know ill never be a skinny mini and as long as I get to a healthy me and weight I'm satisfied. So I just wanted to share that with you all that there are different struggles out here with the journey good or bad you have to hang in there because it is worth it other wise I wouldn't be here today. Thanks to those who have supported me and been by my side the past  4-5 months while I have been going through one of the toughest times for me it means alot to know your there when I need you and I am blessed to have you in my life. So keep on moving forward in your journey's it does pay off..... 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

vagirl00
on 10/29/09 6:18 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Congratulations on doing so well and on your continued success!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

caroline2622
on 10/29/09 8:22 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Congratulations and keep up the great work.  Inspiration to all of us to keep the weight off

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Pat F.
on 10/29/09 10:20 am - Richmond, VA
Girl I am so proud of you and I wish you were here to hug. Keep up the good work and will be keeping an eye on you.

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 10:44 am - Stafford, VA
Thank you for sharing this!!  This tool we have been given is a life long tool and one that will continue to work even 4 years out!!  Congrats!!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Tam
on 10/29/09 2:25 pm - Richmond, VA
Happy early surgiversary and congrats on the progress thus far.  Yes, our tools will always work as long as we respect them.  I wish you luck on getting to wherever it is that YOU are comfortable.  I personally think you are beautiful right where you are now!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Penny Denny
on 10/29/09 9:05 pm - Collinsville, VA
This is a wonderful update. Hang in there Melinda, you are doing great.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 10/29/09 10:26 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Melinda,

I'm so excited about this! What a wonderul post. :) I'm even more excited that you mention getting to a healthy you & weight that YOU are satisfied with. That is incredibly important in our journeys. I'm glad we stay connected & I'm looking forward to celebrating many more successes with you. Love you!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

cpatters
on 10/31/09 1:04 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thank you for your inspiration..... I am so proud of you and to know you. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
God bless you and keep up the fantastic work.
Hugs!!!
Cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/09 10:43 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Melissa - congratulations on your surgiversary! I know it has not been easy but you have done amazingly well and you have got your life back again!  I am proud of you and your achievements - 208lbs is totally awesome!!

Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views