Update on Drs appointment

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 4:15 am - Stafford, VA
Saw my Gastro Dr this morning.  His hands are almost tied. He is bringing me in for another EGD tomorrow and if the ulcer does not show to be worse (my last one showed improvement) then he feels there is not much more for him to do for me and I will need to go back to Halmi and investigate other reasons for the pain and discomfort, not being able to eat etc...

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Heide A.
on 10/29/09 4:41 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Melissa, I hope all goes well tomorrow with EGD, I know what a hassle they can be. I hope they can get the pain under control and you mend quickly. If you need anything give me a shout.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 10:46 am - Stafford, VA
Hey beautiful!!  Thank you.

415/375/180/175

prissy25
on 10/29/09 6:03 am - Barboursville, VA
Best of luck with your appointment hope they find out the issues.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 10:46 am - Stafford, VA
Thanks Melinda!

415/375/180/175

vagirl00
on 10/29/09 6:14 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Good luck, Melissa.  I hope all goes well and you can get past this, and soon! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 10:47 am - Stafford, VA
Thank so much Cindy!!

415/375/180/175

Tam
on 10/29/09 2:22 pm - Richmond, VA
Sending prayers for a postive result so you will be pain free in no time!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/29/09 2:25 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Hey Melissa. I can so relate to the pains. Remembering back, that is how I felt before the ulcer started bleeding and they found it. When they fixed it, and it started healing, I was all psyched that I would get better. About 3 months since then, I am still having so much trouble eating, taking Vicodin, Tramadol and Phenergan just so I can orally eat. They have scoped, no stricture and even did exploratory surgery checking for kinks or obstructions in the bowel. Well nothing turned up so I woke up from that surgery with a feeding tube.

I pray so much that your surgeons are able to get to the root of the problem and that your pain stops so that you can start taking food in. This feeding tube and the surgery it entailed has been the worst pain of my life, even comparing it to open heart surgery. I hope again, that you and your medical team are able to get to the bottom of things before they progress and get worse. If you need to talk to someone who is going through something similiar, feel free to message me, heare or on Facebook. Good luck hun!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Melissa N.
on 10/29/09 9:32 pm - Stafford, VA
Thank TM!  It is very frustrating. I would say I am in worse shape then what I was right before the DX of the ulcer.  Then I was getting better and all the sudden back down hill over the past month.  I can't lay on my side because of pain, I wake up in the middle of the night in pain.  Standing can cause me pain, belching causes pain, which I never belched after surgery until my ulcer came.  Drinking can cause sharp pain.  Eating good dense foods is out of the question.  Tried to have some chicken yesterday and after four bites I was in pain or hours.  Sadly I am not on anything any stronger then extra strength tylenal.  Call it my inablity to ask for anything stronger.

I hope you can get through what you are going through and back to normal.  That is all I want is normallacy and eating my favorite foods again.  I think I will be calling the surgeon to schedule a tentive appointment just in case it comes back not my ulcer.

415/375/180/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views