Anyone else in the Hampton Roads area (or Richmond) have a DS?

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 1:16 am - Yorktown, VA
I know of one person in Norfolk and one other in Richmond.  I'm in Yorktown.  I'm just wondering if there are any more out there.  It's nice to be able to grab a lunch with others who have the same dietary/supplement needs and can relate to our specific procedure and issues.

Thanks!
Tam
on 10/28/09 1:54 am - Richmond, VA
I am in the Richmond area and am a stay at home mom.  I would absolutely love to meet for lunch sometime.  I am down in the Williamsburg area at least once a month for outlet shopping or Busch Gardens/Water Country when the parks are open.  Let me know if you would like to meet up!  I will have my youngest daughter with me and depending on the day/time, possible my oldest daughter, too.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 11:23 am - Yorktown, VA
I travel to Richmond for work sometimes, too.  I'll keep you in mind when I know I'm going to be up that way.
Tam
on 10/29/09 2:20 pm - Richmond, VA
I didn't read...I am RNY...not DS but would still love to meet for lunch if you are interested!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

~Truffles~
on 10/28/09 4:54 am - VA
Great post!

I hope there are many more replies!

Renee

11/12 is getting closer and closer! I can only imagine your excitement!
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 5:21 am - Yorktown, VA
Me too, but I don't think there are many DSers in our area.  (I think it's all RNY and banders due to no DS surgeons in the area.)  I know northern VA has quite a few, but that's just too far for me to jump in the car and drive for a quick meetup. 
~Truffles~
on 10/28/09 5:37 am - VA

Many moons ago, it was a quick little jaunt for me, but now that I am further south, I'm closer to the Eastern area and NC than I am NOVA.

But you never know...maybe even just by posting attention to the option of the DS will get noticed by pre-ops who are still in the research stage.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:55 am - Yorktown, VA
And then we can provide them with a great alternative that should always be considered!
coolcrewof4
on 10/28/09 9:55 am - Gloucester, VA
I am in Hayes and was wondering if there was others around me also.  I am a Banned RNY, but would still love to meet other WLS/OHer's

I am a stay home mom right now till I finish school.  So, if you don't mind a 2 yr old lunch would be nice.  Or even walking together along the river

For a min that sounded like a personnal ad..yikes
Journey began October 7, 2009-- HW 294 SW 281 CW 185  long term goal 140

~Truffles~
on 10/28/09 10:23 am - VA

LOL just a lil bit!

You mentioned you are a RNY w/ a band, right? How does that work? I have seen someone mention the BOB (Band Over Bypass, right?), but never got around to inquire more. Is it a lapband that is around your pouch? If so, do you still have to get fills? How does that work?
I am truly curious!

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views