Surgery in 2 weeks and daughter has swine flu!!!

Toobcherished
on 10/25/09 7:02 am - Henrico, VA
So what the heck do I do?  I am the only one to take care of her there is no ther choice.  I have preop appt on wed.  Am i doomed to get this and then have to postpone?

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Penny Denny
on 10/25/09 7:22 am - Collinsville, VA
My son had swine flu 3 weeks ago and no one else in the house has had it since. Hopefully it will pass by you. Just be sure to tell you doc. Maybe you can get the vaccine.

Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

caroline2622
on 10/25/09 9:27 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Tanya    So sorry!    Make sure they are aware.   this is about your potential health as well.  

Hope your child gets better soon

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/09 10:49 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tanya, we all worry about illness just before surgery and many of us get colds etc  - the day of surgery I had the biggest cold sore in the world on my lip - but they still went ahead with the surgery. There is no guarantee you will get swine flu and even if you do - you may be alright by the time of surgery......

Try to relax a little and you may be just fine by surgery - we are all hanging in there for you!!

Jackie
Melissa N.
on 10/25/09 10:51 am - Stafford, VA
Keep your hands clean after taken careof him. Carry hand santaizer with you at all times..  It should to no more thena week and see if you can't get the vaccine. 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

coolcrewof4
on 10/25/09 11:03 am - Gloucester, VA
Breathe is the important thing!  I know you are freakin out right now I probably would be too, but happy thoughts make for helathier bodies.  Stress lowers our immune systems.  Take percautions like Melissa said and tell your doctor.

BTW, you do have someone lined up to help with the kids post op right?  I know I didn't have it in me to be dealin with kids, drinking 1 oz at a time etc.

Will keep you in my thoughts...keep us posted
Journey began October 7, 2009-- HW 294 SW 281 CW 185  long term goal 140

vagirl00
on 10/25/09 11:28 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with

As the others have said, make sure you take all of the necessary precautions while still taking care of your daughter....and let your surgeon's office know ASAP.  They will most likely have suggestions about how to handle this in the meantime.  Hang in there and I hope your daughter is better very soon!

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Toobcherished
on 10/25/09 11:37 am - Henrico, VA
Thanks everyone I.  Do you think my surgeon would be willing to prescribe me tamiflu to keep me from getting the swine flu?

Also yes I will be staying with my parents when I have my surgery and they will be the ones taking care of my kids while we are there.  My dad told me today he isnt feeling well either.  He is the one who pics my kids up after school and keeps them until I get home from work so im going to feel real bad if he has it as well.

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

melanie M.
on 10/25/09 12:45 pm - Hopewell, VA
Breathe!! It will be ok. The swine flu only lasts a couple days.. Keep positive girl!! YOU WILL HAVE THIS SURGERY!!!
Melissa N.
on 10/25/09 9:26 pm - Stafford, VA
Tanya,

Tamiflu does not prevent you from getting the flu.  And if you have the flu, it doesn't make you any less catagious.  It is suppose to help with the course of the flu and hopefully make it where it won't last as long.  It is best to start it within first 48 hours of the flu.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views