Lurker finally posting

Lynn415
on 10/23/09 10:52 am - Chantilly, VA
Hi all.
I had my surgery April 15, 2009 by Dr Tran (same practice as Drs. Halmi and Moazzaz).  Had a bit of a rough start because of a complication resulting in a small bowel blockage, but after two weeks in the hospital it cleared by itself and I went home.  From then on it has been clear sailing.  I'm down 106 lb. and no longer need my BP meds or Glucophage for diabetes.  All labs are normal without the meds.  My PCP is thrilled.  
I have been reading and posting on the RNY forum since before my surgery simply because it was more relevent to the kinds of questions and concerns I had early out.  I have browsed through this forum several times but haven't posted for a few reasons.  First of all I didn't really see anybody who was that close to my geographically (I live in Fairfax County near Dulles airport) and there are a lot fewer posts on this than there are on the RNY board.   But I really would like to get to know some of you and give back to some of the new folks ... now that I'm over 6 months out I think I might have some small amount of wisdom to share.
Today's posts about the drama are unfortunate.  There is a little of that on some of the other boards but it's easy enough to figure out who and what posts are helpful and who and which ones are not.
I REALLY think these forums are crucial.  I know that Inova Fair Oaks Hospital where I had my RNY only has support meetings that are for relatively new folks once a month.  That is not enough for me.  I have learned so much and received so much support from these forums that I don't know how I would have been this successful without it.
Those of you *****ally do want to help and share should not let the "bad guys" drive you away.  Us newbies need you!  Hang in there.

Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Tina22026
on 10/23/09 11:50 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Welcome Lynn...glad you're over your rough patch and have come out of the shadows!  You are doing awesome!   Hope to get to see you and get to know you more too.  l'm like you - l need the support from the meetings @ Potomac and from others and have a few good friends here on the board and am always looking for more :-)! 

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Lynn415
on 10/23/09 12:11 pm - Chantilly, VA
Wow it looks like you are doing really great down 174!   I noticed we have the same goal... you're a little closer.  We can be "maintenance buddies" in a couple of months.  :)  Nice to meet you.

Tina22026
on 10/23/09 7:46 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Thanks Lynn...isn't it amazing we're already talking maintenance?!  This journey has been incredible!  my true goal is to be in the 150-160 range - that way l have a little play and not focused on a certain number.  Can't believe how close l am or how fast the weight came off.  l'm a whole new girl with an even better attitude! LOL

Tina

Tam
on 10/24/09 7:12 am - Richmond, VA
Hello and WELCOME!  You are doing fantastic!  I know there are several in your area but they are not regular posters on this board.  I was up your way just a few weeks ago for a wonderful WLS dinner.  We were just a few minutes from Dulles!  There is a great support group meeting up there, too.  I will be making the drive for it as often as I can.  I am here if you need anything and look forward to continuing to learn about your journey,  You have done wonderful thus far!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 1:01 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Tina, I just have to tell you...you have the most beautiful smile!!  It just lights up your face & makes me feel good every time I look at your photo.  I look forward to getting to know you better as well.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Tina22026
on 10/23/09 7:47 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Thanks Ann - right back at ya!  Hopefully, l can make the next get together lunch and finally meet you and Heide and the others!  (As long as it's not on Thurs) ;-)

Tina

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 12:59 pm - Middletown, VA
I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance for you, both for your success thus far in your journey, & also for being brave enough to come here & reach out.  In light of recent events, that's a pretty big deal.  I am sooooo looking forward to getting to you know more.  Thanks for not giving up on us.  As for letting the "bad guys" drive me away...NO FREAKING WAY!  I'm here for you & anyone else that needs me.  Thank you for speaking out!!

Hugs!
Ann

Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Lynn415
on 10/23/09 1:05 pm - Chantilly, VA
Thanks Ann.  I notice you are Dr. Moazzaz patient.  He visited me in the hospital a couple of times.  Isn't he handsome!!!  :)
Ann S.
on 10/23/09 1:10 pm - Middletown, VA
Oh girl, what'chu talkin' about?  LOL  He is soooo hot...I would kill to have those eye lashes...lol!  He's an awesome doctor too.  I just love him so much!

Hugs!
Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views