OT - Need some help - not WLS related

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 3:07 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Does anyone here know of a tax professional - very inexpensive - who could help me with some tax issues.  My ex is pulling a fast one by refiling taxes back a few years as married but filing separately (claiming there was an error on them)  instead or married filing together and taking all the deductions and leaving me with a huge tax bill... I know all is fair in love and divorce but this affects my son's future so I am not taking it lying down.....

If you can PM me or email me at happyscotslass@aol,com with any advice I would certainly appreciate it

Thanks

Jackie

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 5:13 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Sorry to hear he's putting you through this, Jackie.  Hon, the first person/place I think of is H&R Block.  Or perhaps you should mention this to your attorney.  Hope it all works out for the best for you.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 5:16 am, edited 10/23/09 5:16 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Thanks Ann.

It is my attorney who is suggesting a tax attorney or good tax accountant because they have the expertise to tell me what to do - it is the cost that will be high because I will need to have all my taxes refiled too....sigh.... it is just more hassle - if he spent the time being with his son instead of plotting ways to get at me, life would be much easier!

Jackie
Ann S.
on 10/23/09 7:09 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Sounds like you have a very smart attorney...lol.  I wish I could have been more help to you & it sucks that you have to go through this when it's really not necessary.  If nothing else, you can vent with me anytime you want!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 11:40 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I mentioned it to my attorney and he was the one who told me to get a tax attornry because what he did was wrong..........

He can't get back at me any other way but financially...... but this will affect Connor so I need to fight it...

Jackie
Melissa N.
on 10/23/09 8:03 am - Stafford, VA
Jackie, My mom just used a tax attorney.  I will see if she still has the firms information and pass it on to you.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 11:40 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Thanks Melissa - I appreciate any help I can get!

Jackie
Lynn415
on 10/23/09 11:12 am - Chantilly, VA
I just emailed you some contact info for a great guy.  Lots of experience but not awfully expensive.
Hope it all works out for you. 
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 11:41 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I just read it Lynn  - thanks for your help!

Jackie
Tam
on 10/24/09 3:22 am - Richmond, VA
No advice for ya my dear friend however I wanted to wish you the best of luck all the way around and I am here if you need anything!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views