WOW!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/09 11:50 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good morning Teresa,

Nice to see you here. I am sorry you feel the way you do but this board is a family and families do have spats from time to time. Best to leave it to the people concerned instead of getting in the middle of it.

Having said that, it is just a recipe which we can all adjust to whatever serving size we want  - and many many recipes do not show a serving size - so we should try not to over dramatize the whole situation... we do have strong personalities on this board too so we are likely to have clashes and there may be history there that we don't understand - nor should we want to.

We are here for support and to support each other - every now and again we will have clashes  - but please do not let that make you want to leave - we ALL have something to contribute here....

Whatever decision you make, I hope you are doing well and continuing to recover from your surgeries. How is Cameron? He must be getting big?

Jackie

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 12:08 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Good morning, Jackie!  Sorry you & everyone else had to wake up to this stuff.

I agree with most of what you said with one exception.  If there's past history that's caused things to go sour between Melinda & me, then I'd like to know what it is.  As for T getting involved, I believe she was trying to help a fellow "sister" & I appreciate that imensely.  But this issue doesn't just involve me & Melinda.  Melinda is sending out a clear message that not everyone is allowed to ask a question.   It was not a difficult question.  It was not a mean question.  So this isn't even about recipes anymore, but more sensorship on the part of one person.  How can we expect our new wls friends to feel comfortable & trusting enough to ask questions when they have to be fearful of attacks from people like her?  She's supposed to be a support group leader...if that's how she leads & supports, then I'm glad I'm not a member.

I'm not leaving this board.  I've been a member for a long too & I have a lot to share as well.  And I will have questions.  I will continue to ask questions.  I just will no longer have to deal with her negativity.

BTW, I'm so happy to see you back.  You HAVE been missed.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 12:20 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good morning Ann,

Yes it was a surprise to wake up to all of this today. I never said there was past history, I said there may be - I was away for a while - I never said Teresa should not be involved - I just thought it best to stay out of it all -  speaking for myself.... - unless we were directly involved... you are both strong personalities - you don't need help from anyone to stand up for yourselves.... I try to stay out of spats.... too much negativity and I dont need that in my life right now....

In the meantime - how have you been doing? Thanks for saying I have been missed :-)

Jackie

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 12:41 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
If I misunderstood your post, then I appologize.  Frankly this is all becoming quit ridiculous.

In the meantime - I've not been doing so well lately.  Been quite ill, actually.  That's why I haven't been on the board much, nor Facebook.  I am awaiting an appointment to see a rheumatologist...hopefully soon.  Because my illness is affecting my hands, knees, ankles, shoulders, I've not been very active nor have I been getting out of the house much...too much pain involved.  But on the good side, I've not gained any weight.  Just maintaining what I'm at right now.

As for you being missed...you most certainly have been!!  I'VE missed you.  I just hope all this BS dies down & we don't lose any more good people.  I so would like to see this board get back to its former glory so that our newbies can enjoy the same love, understanding, patience, guidance, & encouragement that so many of us oldtimers got to enjoy.

Anyway, I hope you have terrific plans for the weekend.  Give that boy a hug for me!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 12:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I agree!

I hope you get something that can make all your joints more flexible and not gaining weight is a plus!!

It will die down soon ans we can get back to the business of supporting people.....

I have plans for the weekend and Connor is supposed to be going to his dad's so it will be fun!! Hope you have good plans too!

Jackie

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/23/09 12:09 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Jackie, it is NOT about the recipes or that Melinda was posting the recipes. It was about how she handled a question asked, and how she RUDELY responded to Ann and accused her of starting drama. Which in itself, actually started the drama. It's about how Melinda comes on this board preaching that we need to be supportive, understanding and here for each other and the very next time that someone needed support & needed a question answered, none of the above was given to her. Instead, the one preaching about support and understanding overreacted and actually insulted someone.

If that behavior is tolerated, accepted or encouraged or if it is even brushed under the rug, there is no wonder why this board has gone to hell in a hand basket. Because that is definitely NOT the type of support that me and I am sure many others are wanting or needing.

But I expect these types of responses seeing as I don't post much on here & really not "part" of this board.

Cameron is doing fine. Working hard at school and being a great little boy. And yep, he's getting so big. Thanks for asking. Hope you and your little one is doing well!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 12:25 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Teresa, you as as much a part of this board as everyone else is and entitled to your opinion.... I have only just come back here again after a long hiatus and just want to not get involved in drama - it is so negative and detracts from what I want and need from this board.

I am glad Cameron is doing well - I know how proud you are of him! - Connor is doing well - getting so tall too  - but like Cameron a great little boy, that I love to bits!

Please stay a while and show the support you can give to others..........

Jackie
Heide A.
on 10/23/09 3:42 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
I am truly sadden by all that has transpired over a simple question, it was the very same question I was asking. I am kinda still new with my weight loss and learning to cook for me, and knowing what amounts to eat and what I'm getting from them, so I was gonna ask the same thing, but glad I didn't, if asking that would have gotten me attacked.  I don't feel the board is very helpful anymore, and it now scares me that someone that is to be a support leader is attacking instead of building someone up, it doesn't make for a Friendly environment that newbies can come to, to get support. I can tell you if my 6yr old daughter acted that way she would get a time out and have to go back to apologize. I now know that if I have questions that I have to find other people to ask because you never know you will attack you, it a shame so much good advice here from people who have traveled the road before me, that I will no longer benefit from, cuz I don't feel it is safe to do so. I'm not leaving but I will not ask anything or add anything.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 4:10 am, edited 10/23/09 4:11 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Heide,

I am very saddened by this and very sorry you feel like that.

We occasionally do have arguments and spats on this board from time to time, but they do blow over..... personalities clash etc  please do not let that deter you from asking questions or giving advice to others. No-one owns this board except OH so you can always be free to have an opinion and free to express it - even if everyone does not agree with it..... and you can only control your own actions not the actions of others....

Please know that you can always ask me anything and I will respond positively to you as will many others....

Take care

Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views