Any Sleevers in VA?

Katie C.
on 10/23/09 10:26 am - VA
Hello Virginia,
I've been on OH for a while now and thought I'd drop by the state board to see what it was all about.  I'm scheduled to have VSG in Mexico next month...are there many other sleevers on this board?  How about those who went to Mexico for surgery?  just curious...

Katie
Ann S.
on 10/23/09 1:08 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hi Katie, & welcome to the VA board.

I don't know who has the sleeve, but I believe there are some here.  I also don't think I've known anyone that has had their surgery done in Mexico, so you've peaked my curiosity.  What made you decide to go to Mexico & do you have someone locally lined up for your post-op follow ups?

I hope other sleevers will speak up, but at the very least you can count on me for support & encouragement.  There's always room on the Loser's Bench...lol.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Kitty Kat
on 10/23/09 10:47 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Katie,

Although I'm not a sleeve nor have I had surgery in Mexico, I wanted to welcome you to the VA Board! I wish you all best on your upcoming surgery!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 10/23/09 11:11 pm - Barboursville, VA
Katie  welcome to the VA Board and  wish you al the best  on your up coming surgery in Mexico, now I had a friend  and her sister who had this surgery a few years back there and  did very well and  were very pleased. But  she has moved and I have lost track of her. I think you will do well, I dont have all  the details on it  but you may go on one of the sleeve boards and check out there for any information. Also to see if there is anyone who has gone to Mexico, I cant remember her Dr  but I know she was very pleased her  sister was totally against the surgery going there but ended up paying for herself yo have it done before leaving there. I also have had several friend have there plastics done there as well. Best  wishes and  keep us posted. Its people like you that can bring information like this back to others here  for newbies that may not be aware of. Thanks for posting and look forward to following your journey.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

caroline2622
on 10/23/09 11:48 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hi Katie     I had VSG at Fair Oaks Hospital Sept 30, 2008.     Federal BCBS paid for it.  

We are seeing more VSG payments now, but some have to appeal.   Good luck and keep in touch, there are so few people to talk to for VSG.   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Katie C.
on 10/23/09 11:56 pm - VA
Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I have been on the sleeve & Mexico boards for a while now-mostly lurking--but wanted to see if there was anyone nearby with similar experiences.  Since most of you seem to be RNYers I'll  try not to hold it against you .

I chose VSG because it doesn't involve my intestines since they are easily irritated, I'm going to Mexico because my health insurance does not cover any obesity issues, and my PCP will be running my bloodwork for aftercare.

Yes my family (Mom) freaked at first, but has slowly accepted the idea of me leaving the country, I have a good friend going with me who can put up with my cranky moody starving self, heck she wishes it was her getting this done!  and my brother said I should change the way I eat, I told him to stop smoking pot--when he deals with his addiction he can say what he wants about mine!

I'm taking 6 weeks off work for recovery and to adjust to new diet, so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time online asking questions and getting suggestions for protein!
Tam
on 10/24/09 7:08 am - Richmond, VA
Although I'm not a sleeve nor have I had surgery in Mexico, I wanted to welcome you to the VA Board! I wish you all best on your upcoming surgery!  Please ask any questions you have...we are a great bunch here with lots of pre and post op experiences.  Most everyone is always willing to help!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/09 3:01 am - CA
Hi Katie,

I had the  VSG and absolutley love it. I did not go to Mexico but have heard lots of good reports from people who have. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Jenny 86lbs lost
Lifeski
on 10/31/09 3:16 am
I am working on getting sleeved.  Had I been willing to go with an RNY or Lapband I would have had my surgery by now but my surgeon here was against the lapband for me and I did not with to have an RNY.  Switched doctors and and am waiting to get all of the insurance stuff out of the way so I can get onto the surgery schedule.  Good luck.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 11:01 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the VA Board. I know a few sleevers and yes I also know two people who went to Mexica for their surgeries - one had great results, one not so good and had trouble getting a surgeon here to follow up with. So my advice to you is to make sure you have a doctor here who can follow up with you if there are complications and a doctor who is prepared to take you on for your aftercare and blood tests etc

Good luck on your journey!

Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views