Question about the recipes

Ann S.
on 10/22/09 12:44 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Loving all the holiday recipes but I've noticed one thing...what constitutes a serving size?  Having all the nutritional values is great, but it won't be accurate if we don't know how many ounces or grams or whatever equals one serving.

Was just wondering.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

SWEET Tink
on 10/22/09 7:43 pm

The ones that I post do have those measurements., I will start posting them when they give them to me .

We should get together at my Kitchen and let me cook these for you ? 

It would be cool to have a cooking class ... ?  Gosh knows I love to cook .. and love to cook when there is people there to eat !

Miss you ! 

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Ann S.
on 10/22/09 11:25 pm - Middletown, VA
I would love some kitchen time with you!!!  Sounds like a great idea!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

SWEET Tink
on 10/22/09 7:50 pm
On October 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM Pacific Time, Ann S. wrote:
Loving all the holiday recipes but I've noticed one thing...what constitutes a serving size?  Having all the nutritional values is great, but it won't be accurate if we don't know how many ounces or grams or whatever equals one serving.

Was just wondering.
Then again .. it does not denote serving size on mine . I googled what counts as  serving size and it is all over the board.
hmmm .. something for me to ponder today .

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

prissy25
on 10/22/09 8:08 pm - Barboursville, VA
Anne sorry they dont ALL have the nutritional value w/ them and all I can say id dont use them if you choose not to. I was putting them out there for those who wish to use, Why does there always have to be  someone or something to  start  something here? Use them if you like  or pass by the dang post, not everyone is perfect around here likethey think they are!!! 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ann S.
on 10/22/09 11:20 pm, edited 10/22/09 11:23 pm - Middletown, VA
I haven't posted on this board in WEEKS.  When I finally did, you attacked.  Why?  All I asked is what constitutes a serving size in these recipes.  So is it just ME that's not allowed to ask questions or does your sensorship include everyone else?  You really need to clarify this.

If the recipe didn't include the information I asked about, then you could have just said so.  For all I knew, you might have inadvertently missed it when you did cut & paste.  That has been known to happen.

Instead, you were just plain mean.  Don't ever accuse me of drumming up drama again...I would say you wear that crown very well.
prissy25
on 10/22/09 11:46 pm - Barboursville, VA
Ann,

If you have any issues with me you need to address them with me privately.
Also,name calling is completely unnecessary & I would appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so. Also I was not attacking anyone stating a point, this is all I'm saying about this on the boards, and if you want to further the conversation you know my email. Totally ridiculous.

Thanks Melinda
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ann S.
on 10/23/09 12:31 am - Middletown, VA
If I have issues with you?  I asked a simple question.  So address you privately?  Oh heck no...I don't trust you enough to do that.  I want it all on the up & up.  And what name calling?  I challenge you to show me anywhere that I called you a name.

I sure wish the old Melinda would come back.  The one that was sweet & kind & helpful.  I don't much like this one.
~~Theresa Marie~~
on 10/22/09 11:33 pm - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
I have to agree with Ann. As someone who comes on this board talking about how this board needs to get back to being supportive and understanding, you then have the nerve to verbally attack her, accusing her of stirring up drama, when she asked a legitimate question regarding something she didn't understand. How is that being supportive and understanding. That to me is hypocritical. This coming from a "support" group leader.

I thought we were all adults!!!! It's posts like this that make regulars not want to frequent the boards and that will scare the newbies out. Hell, if I was a newbie, I'd be afraid to ask questions too, for fear that you'd think they were drama starting! Sheesh!!!
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

Kitty Kat
on 10/22/09 8:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Ann,

You'll find varied responses on serving sizes. Not all recipes will be accurate or even list the serving sizes when homemade. Many of store bought items will. There has been a lot of discussion recently making headlines across the world talking about labels & what's truly in things. If you are making dishes yourself, you can subsitute items for healither, lower in sugar, sodium, carbs etc in almost all of them.

You might consider talking with your nutritionist and/or surgeon's office. Ours has a wonderful handbook that discusses serving size & portion control. In addition, there are many books & web sites that can offer suggestions on serving size.

All best! 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views