Halloween? Spill the beans!

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 10:33 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Now that you have lost some weight  - are you going to dress up for Halloween? If so what are you going to wear? Are you going to a Halloween Party?

This year I am going to be an Ice Maiden - long white outfit and white fur hood! I would never have dressed up before because it would have had to be something tent-like - like a nun or something.....

I am excited because my son is going to be dressed in something scary but we will walk the streets together - hopefully no-one will recognize me lololol

What is your plan to stay away from the Halloween candy? I am going to buy candy that I don't like and then once my son has his bucket full - give him a couple and take the rest into work so I can't feel any temptation!! I don't want them hiding in a cupboard calling my name..... Sadly I still have the same triggers as pre-surgery - so for me removal is safer than knowing they are there. And my son doesn't need the candy anyway!

So tell us - what are YOU doing for Halloween?? Please help give others some ideas as it can be a dangerous time of the year for many!

Jackie
Kitty Kat
on 10/20/09 10:41 pm, edited 10/20/09 10:49 pm - Richmond, VA
Melissa N.
on 10/20/09 10:42 pm - Stafford, VA
If I be anything I am going to be Tinker Bell.  My mom has an outfit from last year that she wore and is going to give me. Amirah is going to be Tink again this year so this should be interesting.  We are porlly going up to Clifton to walk around for Holloween.  My coworker said they go all out. 

I do not have a plan for this year.  I am sure I will be fine and not get into it.  I did great last year and my husband has chocolate in the house from time to time for himself and it doesn't bother me.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Kitty Kat
on 10/20/09 11:00 pm - Richmond, VA
Tryin this AGAIN! Thanks Jackie for alerting me. I have no idea where my original reply went!

Good am! I HEART Halloween! The buggas are excited about it as well. Kayla is going to be a Geisha & Nora is going to be a Green Witch (their choices). As for me, I'm not sure if I'm dressing u*****t. I have an event to attend later that pm that may convince me to.

As for candy, I'm not a fan (thankfully). So, what ever the buggas get will be around for a while. We'll probably give some out as well. 

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 11:06 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
You are welcome Kat - at first I wondered how I could have posted it twice and then I saw your face next to my message so I knew something quirky was going on!

I actually don't like American candy much - especially the chocolate but I am ashamed of how I will still want to try a piece when there is nothing else - and I dont want to get addicited to something like that - I am sure the sugar will still make me sick so I am thankful for that but I still don't want to know my limits!! Slippery slope after that!

I love to see the kids get excited for Halloween - my son just can't contain himself! It is like he gets so much candy and he is so excitred about it - yet he never eats much of it and never notices I have given it away!  Connor will go as the Grim Reaper or The Scream as for some reason he takes great delight in scaring people lol!!

Jackie
cleo66
on 10/21/09 12:15 am - VA
Plan for candy?  Keep it out of the house! We never get trick or treaters so don't need it!

I will dress as Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) and my friend will dress as Uncle Henry (you know: Auntie Em's husband) for an adult party on the 31st.  I already have a Dorothy wig, blue-checked pinafore, white blouse and ruby-red slippers from an event this past weekend - I'm set!
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 12:17 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Oh that sounds tremendous fun!!  Bet you look adorable!!

Jackie
Penny Denny
on 10/21/09 1:58 am - Collinsville, VA
I am wearing a scarecrow outfit to our TOPS party next week. The cool thing is...it is what my 10 year old daughter wore last year. COOOOL!!!

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 1:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Now that is really cool!!!! Congratulations Penny !!

Jackie
Christina R.
on 10/21/09 3:08 am - Reston, VA
Jackie-
I had a friend with children tell me that the "Candy Fairy" visited  her house 3 days after Halloween. The Fairy would take all the candy from the house and as a reward for leaving it out for her she would leave behind books or other fun (non-food) toys/treats.

It was a great way for her to get the candy out of the house but still make it fun and rewarding for the kids.

Just a thought for all the parents out there!

Christina
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." - Unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views