What are your favorite breakfast foods?

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 9:58 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
It is sometimes really hard to think of different things to eat for breakfast - I know I am a creature of habit and tend to have the same things a lot but we all need new ideas so we don't get bored  - and what better way than to see what everyone else is eating. This will help new people get some ideas and know they CAN eat normal food after surgery again! And for us older ones - give us some new ideas for a change.......!

So here is what I tend to stick with but I am getting bored...

Boiled egg and ham

cheese and ham omelet

Cottage cheese and yogurt

oatmeal and raisin

HELP!!! I need more variety!

Jackie
Brenda E.
on 10/18/09 10:11 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am sure I wont be much help to you Jackie.  I always eat an egg with cheese or 1/2 of a Cottage cheese double.  I am in a rut also but not sure what else to eat!!

Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 11:51 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
well this post may be of some help to you then. Brenda - I need some new ideas too!

Jackie....
Kitty Kat
on 10/18/09 10:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am!

I enjoy eating a variety of things.

I love maple & brown sugar oatmeal (low sugar). I also like omelets either plain or with parmesan cheese sprinkled into it. Sweet Potato pancakes are good as well. Lower in everything than regular pancake mix. I enjoy eating turkey bacon as well. Sometimes I'll have yogurt too. :)

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 11:52 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with

Hi Kat,

Do you have the recpe for sweet potato pancakes? I might like to give them a try....

Jackie

Kitty Kat
on 10/19/09 12:05 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Jackie. I get Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancake Mix. Here is the link for Nutrition information. :) http://www.brucesyamsbrand.com/baked-goods.html 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Melissa N.
on 10/18/09 11:12 pm - Stafford, VA
Hi Jackie,

I am not much of a help.  I eat greek yogurt everyday at work with flavored splenda packet and either bare naked gronola or fiber one ceral in it.

On weekendsa I typically go for 2 eggs with cheese and mayo on a Arnold Thin. 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 11:54 pm, edited 10/19/09 12:02 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Melissa,

I like the Greek yogurt with Splenda and a spoonful of sugar free jello powder -the butterscotch and chocolate flavors are to die for!

Jackie
dlo2
on 10/19/09 12:55 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi Jackie,  I am afraid I can't be9f  much help.  Since surgery I have not found a breakfast food that really agrees with me.  So right now I usually just have a protien shake or yougart. 
Debbie

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 1:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
It is still early days for you yet and you still have some experimenting to do  - maybe you will get some ideas here that you might try and they might agree with you....

Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views