Gallbladder surgery question

Penny Denny
on 10/16/09 8:05 pm - Collinsville, VA
Most people are saying it is easy, but several have told me that they developed IBS after surgery. Do you guys have any experience. I don't want that.

Thanks, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 10/16/09 9:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Penny. I had my gb removed during WLS. I have not had experience with IBS after. If you are speaking of specifically after gb surgery I would ask your surgeon about it. I sincerely pray surgery goes smoothly & recovery is swift! Hugs!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 10/16/09 10:20 pm - Barboursville, VA
Havent had my  GB removed but  wanted to wish you the best on your surgery and let you know ur in my prayers.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Melissa N.
on 10/17/09 10:12 am - Stafford, VA
Usually the IBS I think is fromcontinuing eating fatty greasy foods after GB surgery.  I would have problems after mine,but since RNY it has gotten better because of not eating those foods.  If you are still on a low fat (good Fats) high protien diet...you should be fine.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

lysb
on 10/17/09 11:08 pm - Alexandria, VA
Penny - i had mine out 13 months ago, no IBS problems at all.  Ask for a stomach binder after surgery if you have a lot of extra skin, i had trouble healing with all the extra skin pulling down...saying prayers for you, let us know how you are.  lys

Christina R.
on 10/19/09 12:24 pm - Reston, VA
I had mine removed...no IBS here....just have to be more careful with the fatty foods.

Best to you as you recover.

Christina
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning how to dance in the rain." - Unknown
"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." - Unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views