My Personal Challenge

hotred1
on 10/16/09 3:20 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey everybody! After reading and researching several websites, blogs, message boards, and watching video after vlogs on youtube; I’ve decided to do my own little challenge. The pre and post op diets seem to cause so much stress to some people, so I’ve decided to try it out for myself….as my own personal challenge. I’m still in the process of gathering pertinent medical information for the surgeon and my health and labs are all “A" okay. Cutting my portion sizes down and choosing my foods wisely, has already given me positive support that I can accomplish my challenge. Although I have not lost any weight since I started my cutbacks, I also have not weighed myself. My clothes are fitting a little looser and so I figure I’m losing inches. That’s still awesome. I will begin my challenge on Monday Oct 19th so that I will have a chance to go grocery shopping and get supplies. I will also weigh myself that day and provide a total daily blog update…struggles, cheats, and all. I’m not looking for anything in particular out of this challenge; I just would like to test my will power. You guys provide so much support and I want to be sure that when I do have my procedure, I will have full confidence and self encouragement to carry me through.

MerMer
on 10/16/09 4:14 am, edited 10/16/09 4:15 am
Hello hotred1,

I would say "you are brave".lol I think that is a great idea. Great way to prepare yourself. I wish I had of done that before, but it really isn't that bad the first couple of days were the hardest for me on the pre surgery liquid diet. Post op I really wasn't able to eat anything either. I'm sure you will do fine and I can already tell that you will have great success with your wls.

hotred1
on 10/16/09 4:39 am - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks hun.  This surgery has gotten me so excited about regaining my life back. I am so ready and want to make sure I do all I can to stay just like that....ready.

Tam
on 10/16/09 5:38 am - Richmond, VA
i did this before suregery myself and I have to say...it makes a great eye opener!  I wish you all the luck and I am here if you need anything!  Stay strong and be positive...I know you can do this!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

hotred1
on 10/16/09 10:55 am - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks so much. I'm soooooo excited to be on the road to becoming healthier.

Kitty Kat
on 10/16/09 9:15 pm - Richmond, VA
Wishing you all best in your challenge! We never know just what we are capable of until we TRY. :) Positiveness PERIOD is amazing! Prayers going out & up for ya!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 10/16/09 10:27 pm - Barboursville, VA
Support is here, and I did this  too my first thing to go was cutting out  sugars, and  diet soda's and  things I knew I wasn't  going to be able to have after. So take it one step at a time I did  one thing a week and added each week, so it wouldn't be  so over whelming. Best of luck be sure to push your  water intake  as you will needs this after  surgery as well as  proteins BUT don't go out  buying a bunch of proteins now as your tastes will change after. I got alot of my proteins in by meats and  cheeses and other  products I had  great troubles w/ protein shakes and powders in the beginning , though I do use the one from Walmart now Eas-advantage carb control. Choc. fudge 4.97 a 4 pack. Best of luck and we are here for you and any  questions you have.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 11:35 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good for you for getting ahead of the game! It is indeed a challenge but planning is everything... .. shopping planning,  menu planning, portion size planning and what works for your body - it is good practice for what is ahead. You may also consider joining a support group as many people start there before surgery - I went to groups for 6 months before I had surgery - it was invaluable!

One thing you should remember though, is after surgery you physically can't  eat as much as you could before surgery and hunger is not so much of an issue..... 

But developing good eating habits now is a great start for your new life after weight loss surgery. Good luck to you and remember we are here to help you all we can...

Jackie
Toobcherished
on 10/19/09 9:14 am - Henrico, VA
Just wanted to say good luck!  You are soo much better then me I have surgery in 3 weeks and I havent really started yedt on cleaning up my act.  I need to worry about portion control.  Sweets are not an issue.  I like ice cream every now and then but thats about it.  Anywa I will definitly try to follow you progress!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

hotred1
on 10/21/09 11:04 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for the luck.  My challenge has already proven itself to be a beast.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I know you'll do just fine.  For portion control have you tried using a small plate instead of a dinner plate.  That kinda work for me until I was able to use a dinner plate with small plate portions. I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views