Newbie here

ThinAgain74
on 10/15/09 5:13 am - Stanardsville, VA
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to this site and I haven't posted much, but I wanted to introduce myself to the VA members.

I live in Charlotteville, VA and I am scheduled to get the Realize Band this Tuesday, October 20th. Right now...my feelings are indescribable. I'm just running through all the different emotions right now, and it's so hard to explain that to someone who isn't going through this. It's life changing!

I've already had several months to think about it and research the band, the surgery, post-op, etc. I feel like I am on information overload at this point. But...I'm SO READY!! 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be coming to this board often :) I'll need all the support and encouragement I can get!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

~ThinAgain74~    

lysb
on 10/15/09 6:00 am - Alexandria, VA
Welcome to the VA board!  i've found it very helpful over the last 1.5 years!    I understand being "ready", its a good feeling, the doubt leaves and you are just ready to move on and enjoy your new life!  Good luck on Tuesday, i'm in No VA, so nowhere near enough to check in.  Post when you get home!  Lys

Ms Court
on 10/15/09 6:18 am - Remington, VA
Welcome!  Sounds like you are right in the normal stages for preop, wishing you the best for your surgery next week.  Melinda (Miss Priss, Prissy) has a great support group right in Charlottesville, you should definitely check it out.  We are here for you.  Let us know if you need anything.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

ThinAgain74
on 10/15/09 6:35 am - Stanardsville, VA
Thank you guys for your support!

Yeah, I've already contacted Melinda to get more info about her group. I'm eager to hear back from her!

I'm SO ready, even though I know I'm going to be nervous and scared to death the morning of surgery. 
I can't wait to come back on here with a success story of my own 
~ThinAgain74~    

Tam
on 10/15/09 7:58 am - Richmond, VA
Hello and Welcome!  The others have said great things...I will be praying for you on Tuesday...an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 12:00 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
But you already have a success story - you got approval and you are getting surgery!! That is a success - many people can't even get that far - don't underestimate what you are about to do!

I was amazingly calm on the morning of surgery - it was like "okay  - today is the first day of the rest of my life! And I am going for it!"

Hang in there and good luck!!! We will save a place for you on the Loser's Bench!

Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/09 6:44 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi and welcome to the VA board! You have come to the right place for support!

It is hard to explain to an outsider what it feels like to want and need this surgery  and be so desperate for another chance and life! They can't understand unless they have been though it..

You have researched it so you have an idea of what to expect. Now you just need to talk to people who understand. Melinda Peery, Miss Prissy, has a Support Group that meet in Charlottesville once a month and if at all possible you could try and go To them - they would be a great source of help you, and people you can talk to about the smallest issue face to face - and they will know what you are going through.

Please don't hesitate to visit the board often and if there is anything else any of us can do just PM us.....

Jackie
Tina22026
on 10/15/09 8:18 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Welcome to the board and best of luck to you on a quick recovery and your new life journey...we're all here for you and look forward to hearing about your progress!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

caroline2622
on 10/15/09 8:32 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Welcome to the VA Boards.   It is an exciting time and hope  you will frequent us.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Toobcherished
on 10/15/09 1:14 pm - Henrico, VA
Hello, justed wanted to say welcome!  Good luck on your surgery!!

Tanya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views