Come on - let's have your WOW moments!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/09 10:39 pm, edited 10/15/09 11:55 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
As we progress through our journey, we all have WOW moments when we suddenly realize we have indeed lost weight and feel healthier - whether it is someone not recognizing us or a realization has dawned on us that we are not anywhere near as big as we thought or when we fit back into something we never thought we would ever get into again! All WOW moments don't have to be big victories - they can be small but are significant to you!

This can help newer pre-ops see what is ahead of them  - and post ops feel better about themselves  - and hey let's brag a bit - we worked hard for these victories!!  - so come on - let's spill the beans!

For me, coming down under 200lbs was like a miracle to me!  I celebrated when the scale said 199.6!! And the day my boss - who I hadn't seen for 6 months - walked right past me and didn't recognize me made me feel like crying - it was such a great feeling! But when I went to Disney with my son and walked the park for the whole day I knew I was healthy - before I would have been dying within a couple of hours and been sitting down every chance I got and sweating buckets! I aced the day and kept up with everyone - like a normal person - I had made it!!!!

So - what made you feel special??

Jackie
Tam
on 10/15/09 10:58 pm - Richmond, VA
I absolutely LOVE posts like this!  My most memorable one is when we were at Busch Gardens and I was in line looking at all these skinny people and seeing the ride on the bar pretty close to their tummys and thinking I will never fit in there.  So here I go to get on the ride scared to death that it won't fit and when they fasten the bar...I have 14 inches between me and the bar!  It was the most amazing feeling in the world!  My most recent WOW is that I have a 21 year old hot after me...calling me a MILF and wanting to "date".  Actually, he says he's looking for an older woman and wants to support me and my girls.  He's military...but I am already very happily dating someone else.  AAHH...what a compliment to be thought of like that! 

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/09 11:51 pm, edited 10/15/09 11:51 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Wow that is incredible! I remember getting on a Disney ride and being apprehensive too and it was easy - and a relief - so I know how incredible you felt!!

Good for you having a 21 year old chase you!!!! - dating is strange isn't it?- I once had a guy who was 10 years younger than me but wanted to be my slave- I thought it was a joke until I realized he really did - thought I would give that a miss but he was gorgeous - even if odd!

But you are right - it is a great compliment!!

Jackie
Kitty Kat
on 10/15/09 11:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am. Great post Jackie. Mine are many and varied. That's for sure. Initially for me it was the ability to do simple things most take for granted. Walking short & long distances without getting out of breath, running around with Kayla (Nora was born after WLS), crossing my legs, getting rid of health issues, being respected & accepted more often than not (especially in work cir****tances) and more. As time progressed its been the reality of being able to have a 2nd bugga, bringing to light some underlying issues health wise in which I've been able to better deal with because of substantial weight loss, being able to enjoy more activities for longer periods of time, gaining strength physically & otherwise, finally breaking away from toxic situations and people & realizing that even after all these years (nearly 7) my tool still works. :) 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/09 11:57 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good morning Kat - the most important realization I think it that the tool does still work!! And running around after kids is something I would not have been able to do without WLS! Congrats on all your successes!!

Jackie
dwpersel
on 10/16/09 1:00 am - Fredericksburg, VA
For me at age 57 to be considered a "gym rat" and instructing anyone is an incredible achievement. Becoming certified to teach Zumba Gold, Basics 1 and 2, Aqua Zumba and Zumba Toning and none the less leading a class is nothing short of a miracle! Never say never!

Diana

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 1:02 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I remember you a while ago before you became a Zumba goddess!!  You have done magnificently!!

Jackie
dwpersel
on 10/16/09 1:26 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Aw shucks...I'm still the same ole Diana!
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 1:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Actually you are not  - you are more active, you have a purpose and work you enjoy and you are much fitter - not the same old Diane at all!!

Jackie
dwpersel
on 10/16/09 7:15 am - Fredericksburg, VA
The same person on the inside, just the body is in better shape.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views