What is currently your favorite protein??

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 11:18 pm, edited 10/14/09 12:17 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
We all have different tastes in proteins and sometimes we get fed up with the proteins we drink or use - and need some brighter ideas. I am almost 4 years out but still drink protein every day....

I love Unjury Chocolate protein - I use it to make protein balls which are so yummy!! If you need the recipe just let me know!  I also enjoy it as a shake.

I like EAS Chocolate shakes too

But my tastes have changed - at one time I could not stand chocolate drinks even though I love chocolate  - lately I prefer it to anything else.

Whey protein is the best protein for us  - but if you can't drink that, any protein is better than no protein at all.

I still drink 50-80 ounces of protein a day as I can't be sure how much my body is getting through food. You can be walking around and functioning yet be malnourished.... and when it catches up with you, the consequencies can be dire.

This is just a reminder in case some have forgotten why we need protein.

Now tell us what protein you are using. Anybody have a delicious banana one?

Jackie
Tam
on 10/13/09 11:29 pm - Richmond, VA
Great thread!

I use a lot of different ones.  I love Achiev Ones, mocha java.  I plan on trying Believe and Oh Yeah when I have $ to order some more.  I also drink the EAS AdvantEdge chocolate ones.  I find that I drink more if I have the RTD.  I never put me first so I have a hard time mixing the powders.  I use unflavored Unjury for cold recipes (like puddings) and the chocolate for protein balls.  I can't stand the strawberry one personally.  As for banana.,..I use the unflavored unjury and add fresh banana.  It tastes better to me.  I also use AnyWhey to cook with.  It is the only Whey Protein to hold 100% of its nutritional value and has zero taste.  I add this to casseroles and mashed potatos and noone knows!  Hope this helps!  I'm looking forward to others responses.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 11:34 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Great reply Tammy!  Where do you buy AnyWhey as I would like to use it to cook with it too if it has no taste?

Jackie
Tam
on 10/13/09 11:40 pm - Richmond, VA
I get mine from the vitamin shop. 

Tammy C

proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Brenda E.
on 10/14/09 8:28 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Tammy, I have nearly 2 cases of the OH Yeah! you are welcome to have.  I do not like them at all.  I have chocolate and cookies and cream.  If you want to meet for lunch sometime I would be glad to give them to you.

Brenda

lysb
on 10/13/09 11:45 pm - Alexandria, VA
I drink click protein in the am, and then BE's (bariatric eating) mocha (bottled), i used to LOVE achieve one, but am not liking the juice box packaging/taste.  lys

Tam
on 10/14/09 12:04 am - Richmond, VA
Lys...how much are they and where do you get Click from?

Tammy C

open RNY 04-25-2005

prissy25
on 10/14/09 12:30 am, edited 10/14/09 12:32 am - Barboursville, VA
I use the EAS Advant Edge chocolate fudge  from Walmart 4.97 a four pack the only one I can stomach.  Yea ur right Kat they are carb control. (thanks for reminding me)
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Kitty Kat
on 10/14/09 12:31 am - Richmond, VA
Good am, I stick with what works for me. I don't care for powders. I like EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control RTD in Chocolate Fudge. I don't care for the other flavors.
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Melissa N.
on 10/14/09 2:54 am - Stafford, VA
I drink several different types.

I like AcheiveOne poured over ice with soy milk added in.

I like to make CLICK, Nectac Vanillia Bean, Soy Milk Mix poured over Ice.

And I have OH Yeah! on occasion.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views