Post RNY doctor suggestions

Toobcherished
on 10/13/09 10:58 am - Henrico, VA
I am now located in the West End and have moved from the Hanover Area.  I am interested in switching docs because I dont want to go all the way over to Hanover for routine doc apts etc.

I figured since now I am having RNY maybe I can find a doc that is somewhat familiar with Gastric Bypass patients.  Do any of you in the Richmond Area have any suggestions of docs?  I deal with High Blood pressure and weight...obviously lol.  The last doc was in internal medicine.

Anyway any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks for your help!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 11:11 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I only know of Dr Hutcher in Richmond but I know there are more - someone like Kat who is from the Richmond area should be able to help you -  good luck!

Jackie
Toobcherished
on 10/13/09 11:13 am - Henrico, VA
Dr Hutcher is a Surgeon though right?  I am looking for a General practicioner who can seem me for things like colds, bloodpressure checks etc. 

Thank you for such a quick reply!
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 11:23 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Yes he is a Surgeon. I dont know any doctors but more local people should be able to help you! They will get you set :-)

Jackie
Tam
on 10/13/09 10:58 pm - Richmond, VA
My general family doctor is awesome!  He is familiar with WLS and is always more than accomodating.  Even his nurse rocks!  It's D. Wesley David at Richmond Family Practice located near Glenside and Broad.  The number is 288-3001.  If you go, tell him I referred you  My entire family goes to him!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Toobcherished
on 10/13/09 11:53 pm - Henrico, VA
Glenside and Broad would be PERFECT!  I will will add him to the list of people to check out.  Especially since you say he is familiar with WLS that is such an added benefit!  I was just reading about NSAIDs and how some docs are giving RNY patients these things and not understanding they arent supposed to have it.

TS
Tam
on 10/14/09 12:08 am - Richmond, VA
He is totally awesome.  I've been seeing him for years and my entire family does, too.  I live close to there..let me know if you ever want to grab a bite or a cuppa and chat.  There are other doctors in his practice but honestly I have never seen them.  He is always available for what I need or his nurse Allison takes care of me.  She is the best I have ever dealt with!  Fast, efficient, deoes whatever she can to get the job done!  I don't get anything for referring patients but Dr D does say thanks if I do.  I have referred several from this board to him and I know 5 that are still with him after meeting.  Hope you like him as much as I do!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views