Another thought provoker

Kitty Kat
on 10/12/09 10:55 pm - Richmond, VA
Before you put a lot of time and energy into being frustrated or annoyed, worried or angry about something, ask yourself this. Would it make a difference?

Rather than making a minor inconvenience into a major issue, take a moment to put it into perspective. If it won't matter in a few days or weeks from now, is it really worth getting upset about?

Why focus on the petty, insignificant things, that takes your time and energy away from what is truly important. Life is too precious to waste even a few moments, for in each of those moments there is priceless opportunity.

Imagine what you could do today that would indeed make a positive difference five, ten or twenty years from now. Think of how you can spend the moments you have right now, so you'll always look back on them with satisfaction, thankful for the choices you made.

Live this day like the special time that it is. Keep reminding yourself to focus on what matters most, letting everything else flow quietly on by. In so doing, you'll be creating value that will stay with you always.

Author: Ralph Marston.

"Let it go"
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 11:01 pm, edited 10/12/09 11:09 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
That is so true Kat - thank you for sharing.... how often do we all do that?!

It is also good to try and practise not worrying about what you can't control too! It is all wasted energy.....

Refocusing our energy is much more productive.

Thanks for a reminder about perspective Kat!

Jackie

Kitty Kat
on 10/12/09 11:08 pm - Richmond, VA
I'm constantly reminded to "take inventory." Yes, VERY good practice and I incorporate it in saying the Serenity Prayer several times daily. *I* CAN control myself and my reactions and no one else. :) 
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

prissy25
on 10/13/09 2:58 am - Barboursville, VA
I LOVE IT!!!! The provoker will soon figure out we wont be beat down by nobody!!!! Thanks for sharing this and bring it to our attentionWell said....
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views