So how have you all been?

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 7:04 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Good afternoon,

I have not been here in a while. For those who know me, I had some major personal issues - heading for divorce  - and just had to take some time for myself and my son. I wish I had been there to support you all but I am no good to anyone without being able to help myself. And myu work has been so hectic with travel etc this year that finding time was not an easy thing to do. There was just no balance in my life.

I am back in a good place now - divorce should be over soon although there will be more issues with that before it is over - but then if divorce was a pleasent thing we would do it lightly. Connor is doing great at school too. Now if only I could win the lottery I would have no financial worries either lolol

I wish I could have been here supporting you and helping new people but I am back now!!! You can never have enough support and I missed all the support I received from here - although many of you were kind enough to PM me.... and I greatly appreciated that.

The support group will begin meetings on November so I am back with a real desire to get back into things again.  I did spend a great deal of time reading etc so I am armed with knowledge and hopefully not too dangerous.

For those of you I have never talked with,  I am almost four years post op and Sue and I run a support group in Fredericksburg - watch out for some new announcements coming soon on that topic.

It feels good to finally come "home" to my family again!! I am excited to come back. I see the board is very quiet and I did lurk from time to time but I have time to devote to these activities once again. We need to get the board to the active times we used to have...

I am glad to be back!  Hope you are all glad to see me!!

Jackie
dwpersel
on 10/12/09 7:43 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Welcome back Jackie! I've missed you!

Diana

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 7:49 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
And I have missed you too! How  are the Zumba classes going?  If you have spare time maybe you can offer them to Gold's Gym in their pool too??

Did you ever see yourself doing that kind of activity a few years ago? You are a great example of how WLS can change your life!  I am so proud of you!!

Jackie
dwpersel
on 10/13/09 1:58 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hi again Jackie,

I've been busy with the new Aqua Zumba, it is really strenuous since I teach from the deck while the students are in the pool. I have been teaching at both the King George and Massad Y's and just finished a Zumba Toning Workshop. The Aqua Zumba is really fun; we went to Orlando over Labor Day weekend so I could bring it back to the 'burg area.

Hope to see you next month.

Diana

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 4:39 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Diane,
'
Yes I will be there next month for sure!  That is amazing - I remember the session you did for us and it was tremendous fun! It is great that you have become such an expert at it and love it too!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Jackie
Ms Court
on 10/12/09 7:52 am - Remington, VA
Hi Jackie!!!  So good to hear from you.  Glad to know you are working on things and doing better.  I have missed you!  It is so nice to "see" your smiling face again!!

The board has changed a lot in the last few months, we have been working on trying to revive it.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 7:57 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Thanks Courtney!! I am doing so much better now!

Well I will try and help with the revival efforts! I am guilty of leaving just when I really needed the support from people  - but we can see if we can keep some of the drama down and continue  the business of helping people.... that is why we are all here after all!

I saw you got your new house - congratulations!! Bet you love the extra room!

Jackie
prissy25
on 10/12/09 8:14 am - Barboursville, VA
Welcome Back our fearless Scottish leader it is good to see you back and  raring to go in great form. I of all know of the things  going on in your life. I think there have been a few of us with some trying times in the past few months and  its time to get our heads out of holes and our asses in gear and show the newbies what a great source of knowledge and  good people some of are. I know I needed this place in my journey and  like Courtney said there has been alot of changes  around here with way to darn much drama. And it's time to stop it and get down to true and real buisness! Im here to help and learn not here about  someone else's  issues that they cant  keep to themself or wanna spread  lies. So lets take the bull by the balls and get this board back in ship shape! Good  to see you back.  
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 8:28 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Aw......... thanks Melinda! I was never far away but you are right - I was burying my troubles and coming to terms with all that was going on in my life.... and I know we all have our troubles - you included - but we need to be all here to support one another through the good and the bad and I stepped away to get myself sorted out. But I am back now!

I missed all the drama and lies but that is not constructive at all......

Let's get this board rocking again!!!  We can't do anything about history but we can move forward into the future!!

Jackie
Kitty Kat
on 10/13/09 1:24 am, edited 10/13/09 2:36 am - Richmond, VA
Melinda, we need to remain vigiliant in our efforts to maintain this board as a group who can come together and being open, willing & honest as well as supportive, understanding, encouraging & mindful of our audience. Those things in my opinion are amazing lessons & good to implement when getting along with others.

We have to work at progressing for the better. There will always be some who are negative. However, its how we handle those situations/people that matter. We don't need to dignify negativity with any sort of response. Feeding into negativity only makes things worse. Any negativity needs to be handled directly, privately & taken offline.

I look at this board as another garden in my life. The hard work, dedication, love etc I/we put into a garden the more fruitful and healthy it becomes. If we stop tending to the weeds and allow them to creep in then that is when things progress for the worse. 

For me, regardless of whether a person is spiritual or religious or neither incorporating the fact that we can ONLY control us/our reactions becomes a must. As my personal choice I repeat the Serenity Prayer several times a day. In addition, I rely heavily of the Message (bible) specifically the entire book of Proverbs. Again MY personal preference opinion.

I'm positive we have many wonderful folks who have a lot to offer/contribute. It all begins with respect, building trust & working our garden into a beautiful, flourishing, thriving masterpiece. Each person brings something important to the garden & can help it stay strong. :) 

Ah, the writer & thinker in me! :P 

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views