Weekly weigh in

Penny Denny
on 10/11/09 9:26 pm - Collinsville, VA
I had a good week. I'm down 3.2 pounds and weighing in at 162.6. 155 might be a reality. I'm still trying to eat low carb/high protein. I've taken Rico on a lot of long walks this week...up and down hills. We have several hills in out neighborhood and getting to the top of a particular hill was one of my goals. Now I can do it easily. This is so cool. My next goal is to walk up that hill and then to the park and back. May try that this week.

Can someone do the weigh in post for me next week? My gallbladder surgery is scheduled for next Monday.

Thanks and hope you all have a successful week, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

dlo2
on 10/11/09 11:54 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Congratulations Penny you had a great week.   I lost two lbs. this week.  Down to 215.  The weight loss is going a lot slower than I thought it would.  I have lost 23 lbs in 5 weeks which I am thankful for, but I thought in the beginning I would lose much faster. 

Good luck with your gallbladder surgery, I had mine removed during my RNY because I had been having problems with it over the past year.  I did not have stones, the gallbladder just was not working properly.  

Thanks for your post, you have inspired me to get out and get walking more.  Maybe that will help with my weight loss this week.  Have a great week

Ms Court
on 10/12/09 1:01 am - Remington, VA
I was also a slow loser all through my journey.  It frustrated me so much!  A few tips that I found out were some of my issues: make sure you are getting in all your fluids, I found when I wasn't hydrated enough, my loss was slower.  Also make sure you are getting in enough protein & calories, if you aren't your body will go in to starvation mode & hold every little bit it can.  And as you noted increasing your exercise will help.  Take some small hand weights with you on your walk & get those arms moving for additional calorie burn.  Good luck!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

dlo2
on 10/12/09 1:06 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks Courtney,  I do manage to get in my fluids, and most days get in 60 grams of protien from shakes, but I don't think I am getting in enough calories.  I either don't want the food or just get too full.  But I will work on this this week along with the exercise and see where that gets me.  Thanks for the post, it is nice to know I am not alone in this journey.
Debbie

Ms Court
on 10/12/09 12:59 am - Remington, VA
I am up to 175.5 this week.  I had a feeling I would be as last week was the "visitor" and I caved in to the sweet cravings & carbs.  I also know that a big part of my issue is lack of exercise.  Will be making it a big part of my goal this week.  Started yesterday, I help mow the lawn and did a big part of the push mowing.  Will see what my exercise is today, other than up & down the steps for laundry of course.

Penny, I will do the post next week for you!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Melissa N.
on 10/12/09 1:09 am - Stafford, VA
I am down to 193 this morning from 195-198 last week.  Penny, good luck on your surgery!  It is not a hard surgery.  I had mine out back in 06 I think.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Brenda E.
on 10/12/09 4:12 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

I lost 4 lbs this past week.  I am down to 350 now! 

I would be happy to do the post for you next week Penny!  Good luck with the surgery!!

Brenda

MerMer
on 10/12/09 11:42 am
Hello All,

I'm down 1 pound. Weighing in at 201.

prissy25
on 10/13/09 3:03 am - Barboursville, VA
CONGRATS to you ALL this week  jobs well         done!!!!
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Tam
on 10/13/09 11:55 am - Richmond, VA
Sorru I am late in posting. I am down again to 146.  Gettin close to my all time low.  I finally got the nerve to try on my prepregnancy jeans and was told I was HAWT.  Yep, they fit!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views